Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

For Those Off U That Have Worked In The Winter

Never lost a customer cause of winter.

Ever.

I don't see how anyone can?

It's not gardening is it?

It's not like windows cannot be cleaned in winter or don't get mucky?

True...

i was talking to a window cleaner down my end on my impact 43 course he said to me hes worked in snow in the winter and everything his pipes have never frozen.. He goes if u leave the hose lying on the floor... and u have turned your tap off so the water cant flow then it will end up freezing

Hes been cleaning fo year aswell but nows hes all wfp

I work right through, the weather doesn't stop you, only a few extreme days each winter. The only thing that is a real bind in the shortness of the days.

Is there something that could be added to the water to stop it freezing? As it could freeze up in the van when not in use? I have a leak somewhere, in threw door seals I think, and in the winter there is a patch of ice under my feet and the mat sticks to the carpet lol

Dodger have you used it before it says mix well. How hell ya suppose to mix it when it's in 600 litre tank lol
Put it in the tank first and then fill with water would be my solution. You will also find that the water slops about a fair amount when driving unless the tank is literally brimmed.

I have never used the stuff, but there is usually a thread every winter where this subject comes up.

What water to iso ratio to do need the prevent freezing? (As per antifreeze the colder it is the greater the amount required.) What is the cost of iso per 100 litres of water for your protection level?

Dodger have you used it before it says mix well. How hell ya suppose to mix it when it's in 600 litre tank lol
No mate I'm only just getting into wfp myself, I'm just quoting what I read (I read a lot) in those regular winter posts here and there.

Think ur looking at like £20 for 5 litres of the stuff that's without delivery and it's 1 litre to every 250 litre water that would make it expensive

Iso doesn't work that well, a few people tried it but it doesn't lower the freezing point that much unless you use loads. Its easier to get a 300w pond heater and drop it in the tank. That brings the water up a few degrees but a few degrees is all you need,

Back