Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Attaching a brush head

WCF

Help Support WCF:

WinWiz

I have an embarrassingly stupid question...

When you attach a brush head, how do you ensure that when you are done screwing it on securely, it's square-on to the glass and not tilted down to the left or right.

It seems to be a bit pot luck with how the 2 screw threads meet.

A pic would help. I'm thinking that you haven't screwed the brush with socket attached to a resi neck enough to get it square.
The problem is... You turn it until it is tight. It may or may not be square at that point.

I'm guessing you want the brush flat against glass & pole clamps lined up?

Try first lining up the clamps to the brush then tighten up & if it's not lined up then unscrew & turn pole with clamps not lined to left to the degree it was off when you tightened it to then screw together.

Hope that made sense!

Ah, so you reckon he has a pole with vertical clamps and that's what not's straight. I was thinking he needed to screw the neck on tighter.

Ah, so you reckon he has a pole with vertical clamps and that's what not's straight. I was thinking he needed to screw the neck on tighter.
No I need to "screw it on tighter". But if I do, I'll strip the thread.

Yeah I think that will work. Someone else suggested to me this weekend some plumber's tape or even gaffa tape.

I'll give it a try and report back.

Latest Posts

Back