New ladders?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Ackroyd_82, Aug 1, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ackroyd_82

Ackroyd_82 Member

I am going to be buying a new set of ladders soon and was thinking of going with a set of LYTE with the normal feet attached.
    But when looking online I cam across these Titan ladders with supa grip feet. Anybody used these?
    They look good but I have a feeling they might flap around a lot making them annoying to use.
    Have a look at the link and let me know your thoughts please

http://www.midlandladders.com/products/Double_3_5m_11ft6_Trade_Light_Industrial_Ladder-11-7.html

Advertisement
  2. Ackroyd_82

Ackroyd_82 Member

I am used to having fixed feet. This is ideal when you need to dig your ladder in to grass or soil when doing windows that are recessed into the roof. Also I wonder how well these supagrip feet give support on chuckies?

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#3 boarcity, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    couple of yrs ago on the clean it up forum a long time ladder guy said hed bought a set of those and they slid out on him not that long after hed bought them. straight away he fitted the spikes he had on his previous ladder

as you say ,you wont be able to dig the ladder in on dodgey ground with those feet fitted

4. TolishAPurd

I just don't like the look of them myself.

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

one good feature of titans is they have more rungs per foot than Lyte .

6. Ackroyd_82

Ackroyd_82 Member

The runs on the LYTE ladders sit beneath your knee cap which I find comfortable. The youngmen are the worst as they sit right on your knee cap, which becomes pretty sore after a days work. I think I will just go with the LYTE ladders.

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

what have you got at the moment ?

8. seye

seye Forum Addict

#8 seye, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    I knew a window cleaner who used them and said they were great. Also the feet will have studs on them, my clow group ladders have similar feet to them grass mud has never been a problem, personally I couldn't use ladders without feet.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

9. seye

seye Forum Addict

Meant also to say I used sucker feet for years with no problems and they dug into the ground well.

10. Ackroyd_82

Ackroyd_82 Member

I actually use wooden ladders with spikes. One of the runs broke the other day and beacuse I can't handle the weight anymore, decides on aluminium. I do like spikes though. And wood is great in winter time.

Advertisement