Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Website ideas

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Danfire

i'm considering getting a website to promote my venture and hopefully bring in some new customers. I'm pretty content with the size of my round as is but wouldn't mind getting better customers to replace a few pains. I'm pretty small fry and probably wouldn't bother with the Internet but my step son has an IT support business that has a great creative department that produce fantastic websites that I could access very cheaply.

I have an idea what I want and I'm going to sketch out a website on paper first, does anyone know of any particularly impressive websites I can look at for inspiration? Also, for those that already have a website, once everything is sorted and optimised, how many enquiries does a decent site generate when someone Googles "window cleaner (town name)"?

There is thousands of window cleaner website on the internet to give you ideas to what you need. Some are very professional looking and others not so. It's a very personal choice what you like so find one that you like best colour and layout wise. Content wise don't just copy text from another site nor photos as ideally you want your site to be unique and personalised to make it your own.

Hi, i made my own web site and it shows But I get loads of work from it. I have made an effort to lean how to optomise it to make sure I come up first in listings for my local town and at least on first page for surrounding villages. It costs me £7 a year and a small amount of my time and generates at least one lead a day.

IMHO a simple well optomise site that has your contact details very obviously shown on all pages dose that job as well as an all singing all dancing one.

My next task is to set up a Facebook and other social media presence as I know I'm missing a trick not being on them.

That's good to hear. As there are no other window cleaners with a website that covers specifically the village I work in I'm hopeful that optimisation won't be too hard. My son is into his photography and I've taken quite a few before and after shots of stuff I've cleaned, as long as people aren't too offended by my ugly mug I might do ok.

Back