Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Warm or cold water?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i was toying with the ider of a bucket heater to keep water warm all morning as on  a realy cold day its stone cold with in a hour  warm water seems to work beta trad

adding antyfreeze makes the water sticky and it kills your hands , adding screen wash just is'nt enough  to stop water freezing on the glass  i use neat screen wash in a bottol and pore on aplacator as it them wont freeze on the glass , i think the guy means will hot water work beta than cold water for trading 

other one I sorted when 100% trad was worked my round out so that every 6-7 houses was a little old lady/housewife who made a cuppa and also refilled bucket with boiling hot water. Never wore gloves, just manned up and carried on through the initial pain, hands soon stop hurting, until they warm up again

One of the first posts I ever wrote on here was about cool boxes. 

Make sure to snag one up at a car boot sale or cheap from Lidl. Do make sure it's big enough to fit your applicator. 

Fill with hot water in morning.  Refill at lunch time and you got hot all day. 

Hot cleans easier than cold and also will keep your pinkies nice and toasted making your day more bareable. 

One of the first posts I ever wrote on here was about cool boxes. 

Make sure to snag one up at a car boot sale or cheap from Lidl. Do make sure it's big enough to fit your applicator. 

Fill with hot water in morning.  Refill at lunch time and you got hot all day. 

Hot cleans easier than cold and also will keep your pinkies nice and toasted making your day more bareable. 

Good idea.

Although with how cold my aluminium ladder gets I always preferred to let my hands get used to the cold, I always noticed it more when I tried keeping them warm.

I don't wear gloves, never liked them

i thault i moved away from the days of plunging my hand in ice cold water in the depths of winter how rong was i 3 years ago took on 10 hours a week on shops all trad  :1f633:  must be mad  :1f602:   u cant beat a warm wfp pole with gloves  :1f61c:

Latest Posts

Back