Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why is it never easy swapping vehicles?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Bought a kangoo the other month

Been harder to start daily

Now i am having to use easystart to get to each job

Done a leakback test on my injectorsas the fuel lines are full of air and have 3 duff injectors which is common on these

Got my mates garage to confirm the problem and they 100% agree

Found a recon set for £175 luckily so not long before it runs again properly

Only just did the glowplugs and fuel filter

@ECS Windows I sell you a 14 plate partner with a 450 full di system? 49000 miles..will get first mot in month

I servicing it on Thursday and prep it to sell within a month before get big van see.

IMO when you buy vans after a certain age you are just buying trouble, been there myself and spent hand over fist on them, I personally wouldn't buy a van over 3 years old, as every morning that has to start first time and away to work.once they hit 6 or 7 years old there best days are behind them and your veichle is a big part of your business no van no work

Diesels can do over 200k with no issues but they get to a certain mileage (usually about 100k) and obvious things go wrong..change the bits and get another 100k easy out of it

Just depends if you are hands on with motors or not

The price i paid for the van more than makes up for a few recon injectors

Once i have the need for it i will be getting a bigger newer van but just not needed at the mo

These vans today aren't built to last, not many working vans do 200k miles .

Stopping and starting all day long no good for a diesel van, I'm glad you had a bargain davie boy, never really had luck when buying older vans. I understand that people have to get older vans in order to get to work and there is nothing wrong with that as i said I have been there and done it.

Brought my transit connect with no history, no paperwork and only an MOT certificate.

Thankfully my older bro is a mechanic, and so once brought we checked it out, serviced it fully and last month I changed the clutch because she was slipping and struggling to get up hills. Now she runs beautifully at 126k.

Luckily the engine is chain driven and not belt - no no need to change the cam, which my bro tells me is an all day affair.

Mind you, as I pointed out in the thread I posted last week: diesel engines will soon fade out with all the legislation they are bringing in. Road tax will be eye watering, parking tickets will go up for diesel (not petrol) and certian areas will charge you to drive diesel through them. With all this in mind, I am not buying another diesel vehicle after my transit.

The future is bleak for diesel

These vans today aren't built to last, not many working vans do 200k miles .Stopping and starting all day long no good for a diesel van, I'm glad you had a bargain davie boy, never really had luck when buying older vans. I understand that people have to get older vans in order to get to work and there is nothing wrong with that as i said I have been there and done it.
I've been working on motors as long as i can remember so no problem for me to have a tinker

Dad was an auto electrician and his best mate was a diesel fitter..i can afford a new van no problem as i have been doing this job for years but being trad originally i never needed one..now i do both a van is more important but i trad bottoms so no need for a huge tank and big van

A new connect does appeal to me though

Brought my transit connect with no history, no paperwork and only an MOT certificate.
Thankfully my older bro is a mechanic, and so once brought we checked it out, serviced it fully and last month I changed the clutch because she was slipping and struggling to get up hills. Now she runs beautifully at 126k.

Luckily the engine is chain driven and not belt - no no need to change the cam, which my bro tells me is an all day affair.

Mind you, as I pointed out in the thread I posted last week: diesel engines will soon fade out with all the legislation they are bringing in. Road tax will be eye watering, parking tickets will go up for diesel (not petrol) and certian areas will charge you to drive diesel through them. With all this in mind, I am not buying another diesel vehicle after my transit.

The future is bleak for diesel
Let's see who wins on the 8th june first

Not everyone has the same agenda

Won't affect me as i don't work in a big city anyway so would be a long time before i saw any effects

Well, if you believe it matters who sits in number 10 downing street, and if you believe it makes a difference to the agenda that unfolds, then I have some lovely seafront apartments in Birmingham that you may be interested in.

Make the jump electric is the way forward :thumbsup: just worked out well with my savings on fuel it's paying for itself

Make the jump electric is the way forward :thumbsup: just worked out well with my savings on fuel it's paying for itself
I would love to go electric I think it's a great idea as I only do low limited mileage it's jut the payload ATM is not quite enough for me.

Yeah the payload isn't great. Shouldn't be too long until they have vivaro size vans doing twice the mileage i can do

Yeah the payload isn't great. Shouldn't be too long until they have vivaro size vans doing twice the mileage i can do
I would defo be up for one now if they produce 1000kg payload like you say what this space for the future.

If it was a Tesla i wouldn't mind a hybrid lol

tesla-unveils-fastest-production-car-mst.jpg

Different from normal hybrids as all the petrol engine does is supply electricity to the electric motors that drive it..much much more economical way to use the petrol engine

Fastest 0-60 anywhere on the road

Last edited by a moderator:
Back