new member!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by TheHitman, May 4, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TheHitman

TheHitman Guest

Hi,new member here,
    Found this forum as i was searching online to learn more information about starting up a window cleaning round,i'm currently working in a dead end factory job,the main benefits are that i start at 6am and finish no later than 2pm so i figure i have plenty of time in the afternoon to get a window cleaning round up and running gradually so that i can eventually leave my awful :mad: job and become a full time window cleaner :cool::D hoping to learn more info hints and tips etc on here,
    thanks

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

Sounds like a good plan,building a round can time and patience

3. TheHitman

TheHitman Guest

thanks mate main thing i'm pondering is how to go about pricing each job,i'm assuming different parts of the country different rates??? cheers

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

pound a window is a good rule of thumb and then an extra pound for luck.don't think parts of the country come into it much.If your in no real rush you can canvass a few streets and if you get loads going for your price it may be too cheap if you get no customers your probably too dear.

5. TheHitman

TheHitman Guest

Thanks mate was told round my way they charge 50p a window but dont know how true that is

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I wouldn't do 50p a window personally. As nearly said a pound is a good guide.

7. nearlyclean

Supplier

Maybe £2.50 for a bay window,£2 for a patio door it all mounts up in time.If you work off ladder you got to set the ladder up climb the ladder clean the window and climb down the ladder,Bay window may need 3 ladder moves.average 3 bedder may mount up to £8/9 and take 15-20 minutes if your going in at 50p window you'll be doing them at £5 max you'll get plenty of work but not enough money to live on

8. TheHitman

TheHitman Guest

thanks for that info much appreciated

9. Pestana

Pestana Guest

hello, welcome to the forum, nice to meet you here.

10. rodanglee

rodanglee Guest

Hi, just opened my window cleaning business, wish me luck!

Advertisement