Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by jetwash, Jan 17, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jetwash

jetwash Guest

Hi everybody, and happy New Year to you all.
    I am new to Window cleaning and I have pick some new tips up already so thanks again

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Welcome if you have any questions ask away

3. jetwash

jetwash Guest

High cyberpedz, Can you give me some guidance please on how to charge for window cleaning
    Is it best to charge per window or is it best to charge her house.
    And how much should I roughly be charging for cleaning windows monthly. And is it normal to charge more on the first clean thanks again Jet Wash.

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Generaly most will charge £1 per window as a rough guide. if you take a look in the window cleaning area or search there are some good posts of pricing ;)

5. jetwash

jetwash Guest

6. jetwash

jetwash Guest

Hi gav not sure how to post a thread can you advise please

7. James

James Guru

Welcome Jetwash!
    If you look in the top right corner you will see an option to post a new thread.
    It's en***led + New Thread!
    You will see this option in every category of the forum, Hope this has helped!

James.

8. jetwash

jetwash Guest

James Thanks for your help Jetwash

9. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Some charge per window, but I find that different window types vary and it takes ages to calculate accurate price that way.

So I just charge per house. After a while you'll get a nak of how much you think a house should be just by looking at it. As a newbie tho, just estimate how long you think it will take (remember you'll get quicker), and then how much u want per hr, be reasonable tho.

So if a house will take you half hr, and ur happy with 20 per hr, charge a tenner.

As for 1st cleans, I tend to just charge the same price, if I know the customer will keep me on. It may take a little longer 1st time, but if they're gonna be a long standing customer, you'll make ur money soon enough.

If it's a one off clean, or you get the feeling they may dump u after 1 or 2 cleans, then I have no problem charging more.

Hope that helps.

10. jetwash

jetwash Guest

Thanks for that windyman much appreciated pricing right is always difficult you don't want to be too cheap and on the other hand you don't want to overprice and lose the work. Have you any tips for pricing shops and other types of commercial jobs. Any other information or thoughts would be much appreciated thanks. Jet wash

Advertisement