New One To Me

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by chip, Apr 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chip

chip Guru

I clean this leaded house, have done for yonks wfp nearly a yonk. Anyway when doing it the other day, the old lass says can I not wfp the 2 kitchen windows as it causes a mist on the inside of the glazing round the lead, but the rest are ok. I looked at them and true enough it formed a mist parraleling the lead on the in between. She says a few people have told her that if you put a large volume of water on leaded windows it can cause it. Never come across it before, but, perhaps crucially she told me that the bloke who did her windows didn't know what he was doing, so I assume when he did those two he missed a trick which allows the misting. Just to clarify, the mist is between glazings, but the seals haven't breached. Anyone else had this?

Advertisement
  2. keir

keir Guru

nope!!!!! weird

could it be a sudden temp change?

3. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Sounds like there isnt enough argon in the units and if its got air inside then it will have moisture in it .

4. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Chip, Have you a picture of the windows?

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

The sealed units have broken down and are letting moisture in. Only cure is to replace the units.

I would also say that they are south facing as those always seems to be the first to fail.

http://www.thewindowman.co.uk/misty-wood.htm

6. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Correct :biggrin: ,

7. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

The seals are fine but the still mist up? I would go for what Gav said then. Either that the seal have burst

8. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

which type of lead window is it, the fake **** with lead on a normal piece of glass or lots of little pieces of glass

if its the first type it is the seals, have gone, just replace the seals, just pop out window and reseal

very easy

9. OoO

OoO Guest

Sounds like the seals have gone tbh.

10. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

It won't be the rubber seals in the beads around the glass.....

It would be the actual sealant used in making the double glazed 'sealed' unit where the problem would be.
    If, the double glazed sealed unit is air tight, it will not condensate on the insides of the glass.

Advertisement