Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which van???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Charlie@AquaClear

Hi all,

I am after a new van which will hopefully be a Mercedes vito 2011/12 and fitting a 700 l tank in the rear. The gross weight is 2800kg but can't find out what the payload is and if it's safe to put a tank that size in the back. Does anybody have this set up already or know of where I find the answer ???

Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I would doubt it can take over 500 in water

By time u take in to account passengers and ur self. With ladders an all the extras

For an average size van (experts, transits, transporters etc) 650L is normally the largest size tank fitted.

As peter mentioned, once you consider your weight, reels, ladders etc, this will take you up to your payload. On an expert this is around 950 :thumbsup:

buy a transit we have 1000lt in all of ours and there not over weight . look out for a swb that's fwd and are either 300s , 330s there rare mostly yellow or silver these are the big weighted ones ,ours runs at 5,4 tonne in weight when fully loaded with the trailer on the back and pulls quite well and stops ok too

you can get swb 350 that are in fwd ,these are like hens teeth , stop away from the rwd 2.4 rubbish , if your going for a bigger transit then go for the 3.2 v6 like we have much better and will do 400k miles with out putting a spanner on them , we have our truckmount fitted in these

Back