Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bored Again So Making A 12V 4Way Distribution Box

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rcproperty

got bored again tonight so decided to make a 12v 4 way distribution box,

nearly finished a prototype just need to pick up some connectors and a heavy duty negative wire then its done!

View attachment 1069

to connect to a leisure batter and then you can run pumps, controllers and any other 12v stuff in the back of a van, saves wiring in separate fuses all over the place.

Oh I see,..So are you a qualified electrician then?
im not worked along side them and with them over the last 15 years, but friend is, commercial grade, plus got friends that do auto electrics.

Competent it's good enough nowadays mate looks good before anyone starts can see its work in progress lol
yer this is mk1 just to try out,
already looking at diffrent and better fuse holders and boxes already! lol

Seems a good idea RC but was just a bit worried as I'm no electrican so was just wondering if it world be safe or not to run one of those.

im not worked along side them and with them over the last 15 years, but friend is, commercial grade, plus got friends that do auto electrics.

I improvement on the Gardner one is a fusible link on the positive end of the battery not too up on my auto electrics but would give protection of on feed leads and would make more user friendly as you can pop the fuse to invest age the adaptable box

It would have to be a high amp fuse on the main lead. It's safe enough to just open and pull the fuses out, it's just like getting the main fuses in and out the car.

But you did give me an idea tho! Wire in an isolation switch so power could be turned off to it!

It would have to be a high amp fuse on the main lead. It's safe enough to just open and pull the fuses out, it's just like getting the main fuses in and out the car.
But you did give me an idea tho! Wire in an isolation switch so power could be turned off to it!
Think its important for people to feel they are usable if you get me

Think its important for people to feel they are usable if you get me
Yer, true. Looking in to adding a little extra something to it to that that one don't have but got to find and source the right product!

It's a main fuse box for your pumps, controllers, or any other 12v item used in the van.

Saves fitting a fuse on each on all over the place. Keeps it all neat an tidy.

Back