New Pole...

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by rick trinder, Apr 20, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rick trinder

rick trinder Member

i need to buy my first ever pole on monday, what do you all recomend? and what size shall i get?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

would reccomend the Facelift Phoenix poles, depending how high you want to go really, i have the 26ul phoenix and that does upto 3 storey houses

have a read of the review i did on the pole on this link, the review also got printed in the window cleaning magazine this month

www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/7854-facelift-phoenix-pole/

3. rick trinder

rick trinder Member

that is the one i am leaning to!!! but 30 ft!!! but everyone says gardeners! so i'm not sure!

4. OoO

OoO Guest

Well I would 100% say Gardiner. But will just get told I'm being a sheep.

22ft is a nice pole. Then you can buy a couple of extensions to make it 30 odd foot if needed

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

everyone will say that because thats nearly all they use and never have used the phoenix, or maybe never used another pole
    gardiners have the name, its like a designer lable thing with some window cleaners,

ive used both brands, not the brand new gardiner ones, and so far the phoenix for me has won.

6. chip

chip Guru

Main difference seems to be the clamps, people say the gardiners are rubbish, and can trap your fingers, don't have a problem with them myself and think you'd have to be doing something daft or have fingers like bananas to trap them, and the new range have improved clamps. Biggest gardiner advantage at present is you can add sections and go a lot higher, at least I think that's still the case!

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

the phoenix extentions will be ready for sale with in a month after talking to mike about them

8. chip

chip Guru

There you go rick, if you go Phoenix just put your 50 foot stuff back a month! (can't find the smilies and the codes don't work!)

9. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

If you have the money go for carbon fibre.. So much easier and quicker to clean, lighter and rigid. A composite or fibre glass are hard work.. I use an slx22 but need a clx27 for a few windows and I absolutely hate the clx now I've been carbon.. But my next pole is going to be a facelift carbon pole

10. Window Cleaner

Window Cleaner Active Member

iv used a few makes of poles and for me gardiners are the best by a long shot clamps do spin after a while but there just about to release new ones , never used a pheonix so can comment on them they do look nice though

Advertisement