new scam

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by simon, May 18, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. simon

simon Guru

well new to me anyway. got a call offering me a place in an exclusive advertising magazine local to my area & endorsed by the police of trusted businesses only taking in 1 of each trade. did i want to be the only w/c in the mag ONLY £99 for a playing card size ad. he talked well & some one could well get taken in, but i was a bit boisterous when i was young & no way are the cops gonna endorse me so i knew from the start it was snide & got him to ring me back twice & then asked him to hang on & just left the phone on the dash lmao he was soo polite

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Total scam mate I've had them many times strear clear

3. Ryan

Ryan Guest

rang me twice in the last 2 weeks

4. laddergarder

lol I had one today for my carpet cleaning business, started by asking if I was interested in doing some jobs for the police, then went on to talk about advertising they could sell me. Saying they only use business with good review etc. Being brand new, we dont have anything like that so I knew he was talking through his a hole from the get go. Same spiel, we wont advertise anyone else in the same area, and you can use the police crest on your stationary etc.

I asked him to email me the details, and he said, sorry we only deal in paper, everything has to be in writing, so I said that fine, mail me a letter detailing the information. Oh, well the packs cost £30 and we would really need an answer on weather you are definitely interested or not. I said well in that case, no I am not interested.

He gave me the following web addresses to look at...

http://www.pccgbclubnews.co.uk/
    http://www.policecommunityclubs.org/

5. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I use to get tortured by local magazines, and yell is another pain in the jacksy

6. Paul

Paul Guest

They use freeindex, yell and other things like that to contact tell them nicely to well you know ;)

7. Iain

Iain Guru

Same old scammers with brand new tricks! These people will use any dirty trick to get business from people. Using the police is a favoured trick these days.

8. Paul

Paul Guest

They like to use sick kids charity aswell idiots

9. simon

simon Guru

hey you know i just registered with that freeindex last ***ht, they'r bloody quick i'll give em that, err whats a fleming ???

10. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I got ripped off F***N big time about 6 to 7 yrs back with a company phoning round trades when i was doing tiling and plastering
    by a company called 118 trades F***N TO**RS was a legit company as they go but they got shut down by trading standards .
    effin took £900 out my account without my permission rang me up giving me the spiel about we are sending a book out to affluent areas around you bla bla bla it took them 4 weeks to get me interested after loads of calls and me checking stuff out and still i got stung big time .

I reported it and police didn't want to do a thing as i had given them permission to take money from my account ( but not the amount that they took )

so now anyone rings me with spiel like that i tell em straight forward go forth and multiply !!!!

Advertisement