Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Shurflo pump issue

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HandyDan

So, I've got a new Shurflo100psi pump which I've hooked up to the V16. When I disconnect the reel it works fine. As soon as I hook up the 100m 6mm I get the DE message, even on 99. There's no kinks in any hose, the intake hose is longer than I'd like (about 1m) but that hasn't been an issue before. But I also haven't used 6mm before. If anyone has any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong it would be appreciated!

You need to reduce your flow rate to say 40 to 50 and recalibrate the controller.

99 is not psi - its flow rate.

That was what I initially tried as I had been using it at 40 until now, but no luck, then as per the Spring Ltd videos, I set the calibration to a higher value, no luck. I repeated the incremental changes untill I ended up at 99, still trying to calibrate but just getting the DE message.

It calibrates fine if I disconnect the 6mm. I'm just a little stumped as to what to try next. Tempted to put the old hose back on the reel for now.

I realised I hadn't tried going lower than 40. I wrongly presumed that because it worked before it would work now. So I just gave that a go, it worked when I went down to 30. Thank you for the replies ?

Glad it’s sorted
That is the extra resistance due to smaller id hose so the pressure builds up more in the hose and would cut out the pressure switch if you had no controller

Latest Posts

Back