New starter upsets the applecart

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Sep 8, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

Couple of weeks ago i heard that a local lad was going to start up as a window cleaner . he is one of my workers friends and never cleaned windows before.
    Because he has no idea of whats what he had decided to ask advice from the "old pro" who cleans many of the shop windows in town . The old pro works on his own and has a very smug attitude , he sneered at the new lad and told him this town wont welcome him to the trade AND "its my patch",best you dont start up at all.
    Anyhow i heard all this from my worker last week and in a throwaway remark i said "tell him what he needs to do is go round all the shops in town tell them he can do their windows £5 in and out, theyll go for it for sure "

Guess what,thats just what hes gone and done - so far several have took him up - i can just imagine the old pros face !

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

As much as I disagree with price wars, the 'pro' sounds like a proper pr*ck, so he brought it on himself. :rofl:

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

He sounds like something I don't like saying..begins with 3rd letter of alphabet
    Serves him right

4. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

third letter nice one!!
    what about what rings in the church ....end

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

hmmm...so that was you then.:eek:

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

***??;)

7. norm

norm Grand Master

:rofl:

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

bell

9. highshinewindows12

Hate the advice but love it at the same time. If someone stole my customers like that I would give them a left/right combo to the jaw...... But as it's not my round, fair play haha

Advertisement