Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new customers this week

WCF

Help Support WCF:

charlie tapper

10 new customers this week from knocking...which is good. i think

so why am i daft and get down in dumps slightly when i see people leafletting/canvassing round by me also !!? I think o no whats the point canvassing that area now when someone has only just done it , i think now i cant canvass that area!

also on a pricing note i quoted a few weeks ago a job which is a big 4/5 bed house for 11 pound including frames , sills. went back round today just seeing if they were interested and they said theyve got someone one else who charges £8.50 also cleaning wfp... i thought how can they make that pay and do it for that price especially when their are two of them like the lady said .

i was cleaning a small new build that iv got 4 or 5 houses in and theres about 4 diffrant guys in there with wfp i charge 8-10 per house thay charging 10-12 as thay from 10 miles away

i was working it this week and the guy was working the next house and out vans where next to each other lol

it is disheartening but i thought to myself all the best i'm happy with how my customer base is building and thats all you need to worry about

and 10 new customers in a week mate is great so be happy :]

iv seen 4 diffrant vans around me this week all coming out now in the weather but i'm picking up work ok and as long as iv got my customers i'll be happy

on the prices i wouldn't worry to much if someone drops you coz of it i price for my service as a window cleaner begin reliable quality ect when that guys on his ownit will take him a while to get thro it lol

you got a many customers atm mate ?

hi welsh ive got some houses on the same estate and i charge 7 pound for these three at the front three at the back and patio door , so this other guys prices must be 3.50 to 4 pound . !for the same house

but yes i agree with what your saying about focus on your own customer base. ive been going for a year got 108 customers . ive been building it up gradually and at my own pace. how about you ?

iv only been at it 5-6 weeks myself fella worked in the industry for a while tho but rather go on my own

Next week iv got 2 or 3 days free so going to do about 1000-2000 flyers see how i get on normally i knock but wanna see how the flyers do on Thayer own .

108 mate in a year is good imo if u aint been pushing it.

and with that £11 house u had i charge around 12-15 for such a house and rather she dropped u now if u said hold on i'll do it for £7 she would drop them lol

We've been at it 11 years now mate and have just shy of 900. The best tip I can give is don't try to be the cheapest, charge so you have time to do a good job every time. Be consistent and reliable above all else. No customer swaps their consistent reliable window cleaner that always does a good job to save themselves a pound a month. However a customer may give you a go if their current cleaner charges so little they do a bad job to make time/houses up, even if you quote a little higher.

People know you get what you pay for in the end. You want to think long term to stay around, not just male a quick win.

Well unless yore based in Cambridgeshire, in which case make sure you do a **** job and then give them my number /emoticons/smile.png

i thought after i shud have said 7 . thenshe wud av said yes then not turn up. lol. would be funny but i aint like that so i just move on and curse !

yes dont blame for you for going on your own and at least youve got the experience which is good.

in my opinion, knock the doors even if no car their , someone could be in , if not then push a leaflet threw , you will get more response from knocking . this is what i do ... i started by just leafletting didnt knock . to start off it went ok but then when i went other times hardly anything. i did 5 hours leafletting one day ( no door knocking)when i started and got 2 jobs , i was happy i got some but i was annoyed i didnt get more.

door knocking takes longer but its worth it .

obviously you dont have to take my advice , you please yourself !

That's pretty good mate 10, don't be disheartened by other windys there's enough glass to go around /emoticons/smile.png

When I first started it used to really get to me if somebody said they already had a windy or things like "I clean them myself" - its like water off a ducks back now ----

Your round will build just keep going mate - after a while if you do a good job you will get new custies on recommendations /emoticons/smile.png

Well Done Welsh... I picked up 5 this week. Think of it like this 5 houses at say an average of £8... is £40... That's £480 per year!!!... Take ya tax and washing up liquid away an ya looking at a weeks wages in a PAYE job and abit of overtime and that is without a clock card, a jobs worth **** and a boss who goes round in circles... Keep it up mate!.. Carry on with positive motivation and you will get an established customer base. I am pretty much at the same stage as you as you know. Just keep on rolling forward and we will get our round!!!

do you post on random areas? How do you know if the area has someone in the area?

I thought going to new housing development areas is a good start, but other than that, im not really sure how to get new customers.

i find that new builds are rammed with window cleaners as people pay good money and houses are easy to work on

iv picked a few up in 2 areas near me by luck really and a lot of effort getting out there so thay worth haveing a go at for sure.

i find in my main estate i get a nice welcome as most customers prefer someone with a van and proper company to a guy with a ladder whos just there in the summer :]

i find that new builds are rammed with window cleaners as people pay good money and houses are easy to work on

iv picked a few up in 2 areas near me by luck really and a lot of effort getting out there so thay worth haveing a go at for sure.

i find in my main estate i get a nice welcome as most customers prefer someone with a van and proper company to a guy with a ladder whos just there in the summer :]
Aye I find the same tbh. My custys love my van design etc, I think they'd much prefer me over some random ear walking round with a ladder & t-bar

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?f31lpk

Back