Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New System

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Korey

I am looking for advice for buying a new water fed pole system, just about to buy a used van and would like to put a WFP system in the back but no idea what I'm looking for or price wise.

Can anyone give me a link to a good website please?

Before you even start looking for a van, you need to identify how much water you will use a day.

This is a difficult question to answer when you are new to wfp. Many years ago I felt that a young, fit window cleaner would need a tank of 500 litres. When I put 2 vans together for the lads, they both were fitted with 500 litre tanks. I can tell you that often they came back with water in their tanks in the evenings, but there were some days they came back empty.

If you do a search you will find the discussion on tank size. Some report they do a good day's work with a 350 litre tank in their vans.

Once you have decided on a tank size, you then buy a van that will comfortably carry that weight. My son still has his 500 litre tank in his van. He has an old 2002 2.0hdi Berlingo 800LX. This gives him an 800kg payload. 500 litres of water = 500kgs, his tank, tank frame, pole, hose reel, stepladders and leisure battery come close to that 800kgs with him as a single operator. If we use his van, I will overload his van when I get into the passenger seat.

So in his case, he couldn't buy a 600LX. If he did, then we could possibly have fitted a 400 litre tank, but I would have gone the 350 litre route. You may argue that going smaller would be the right thing to do, as he could always come home and top his tank up. However, if you need to refill your tank in the afternoon to do a couple of extra hours of work, the motivation to go out again wanes very quickly the later it is in the afternoon.

or

Purefreedom.co.uk.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I am looking for advice for buying a new water fed pole system, just about to buy a used van and would like to put a WFP system in the back but no idea what I'm looking for or price wise.

Can anyone give me a link to a good website please?
Don't think there is many installers up here, I had to go to Cambridge for Grippatank to fit my system. There is plenty down South. Ionics, Pure freedom, and plenty more if you do a search.

If you are on a tight budget get a quote from any firm and ionics systems cheaper version of their systems is called pure 02 they will price match any other system on the market , there stuff is good and crash tested and doing it this way not to expensive, but you need to decide wether you want filtration in the van or have it in a shed/garage or buy water from spotless etc , as for tank size I would always go a bit bigger than you initially need as you don’t have to fill a bigger tank but you cannot put more water in a small one , I feel 500 ltr would be ideal for a one man band for a decent days work (6-8 hours on the glass .)

Back