Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water system?? Ionic? Grippamax

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just for clarity it's lukewarm water I'm using it won't burn your hand, only taking the chill off it.
Just trying to help out those that can't afford a hotbox to get them through the winter by only using say half a tank you don't need to spend too much money to be able to wash windows in minus temperature feel it would work even using RO as it's not that hot.
The problem occurs with the water left behind on the ground freezing and causing a slip hazard.

In conditions like that I wipe doors by hand and when going around the house just make sure the water doesn’t go on the path either aim it at the wall or the soil never had any issues

Most of our customers it’s impossible not to get water on the paths guess that it depends on house design
I don't think it's possible not to create a slip hazard at some point, but my thought is in frosty cold weather if the customer already knows their driveway, paths, patios and decking are already lethal and we are going around like Bambi on the ice and looking like something out of a comedy sketch at times then they need to step beyond their door threshold with caution,

I am cautious in how I do things and try to avoid creating a slip hazard where I can such as front doors as lots of my jobs have patio doors and some with bifold doors and no back door on some which I ain't breaking out trad tools for, I was like an ice skater a few weeks ago on one job a customer has completely smooth timber decking which was covered in frost we had a bit of a laugh about how I was managing but they knew full well the risk to myself and some landscapers working there that day, If it was my house and I was expecting trades people the paths and decking would have been gritted before they arrived

Now we just put white salt down without asking. I now know what it's like for someone to break a hip falling. If they aren't happy with me putting salt down, then so be it. We try to use water sparingly when the weather is freezing cold.

Back