Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

no collecting letter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bluemonkey

what do you lot think of this,

Dear Customer

Due to an increase in running costs ie fuel, insurance, etc I have decided to no longer collect and will be taking payments from april 2012, by either online payment or cheque which can be posted in the freepost envelope which will be provided, This is help avoid prices increases for as long as possible, If either of these payment methods are unsuitable please contact me on 07719 655 038, and we can arrange a other method

Darren

as am wanting to cut back on collecting and woudl rather spend the time knocking to get more custys

I did something along them lines last November mainly SAEs and it's worked brilliantly and your letter was better then mine.

am getting sick of collecting, so far this week i have collected for

saturday 3 hours

monday 1 hour

wednesday 30 mins

thursday 2 hours

and still got to go out this saturday to collect from last week, plus the ones who dont pay are getting dumped

Its just part of the job buddy. I think you will find that you end up with allot of money outstanding, and the cost of processing cheques and paying for SAE's maybe as much as just going back at the end of the ***ht. All the best, I do hope it works of you a determined to give to give it a go, but it doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

i understand that ladder, but seem to be doing that much collecting, that to have any time with my kids, i got to o i might just finish early, too many PITA custy who I might just dump, as give it a 2 month trial, if they dont pay the are dumped, got a lot who pay on line now,

It might work for some but I personally wouldn't do it - it costs an absolute fortune in bank charges to accept all your payments online or cheques. Why not liaise with your customers - around 50% of mine hide the cash in a secret location that only both of us could know /emoticons/biggrin.png

I have never collected they just send a cheque or pay on line. I make a note of who has not paid that week and get them next time i get about £200 a week outstanding but that just business

Agreed collecting is part of it. I spend £25 on stamps every 2 months. I was spending much more on petrol collecting. Still collect locally within a 5 mile radius but the rest get S.A.Es and yes a few of them took a while to get used to it but it works a treat now giving me more time at home. I can't see how putting cheques in the bank cost a lot. It don't cost me nothing. The good thing about collecting is you get a good rapport with yer custys.

Agreed collecting is part of it. I spend £25 on stamps every 2 months. I was spending much more on petrol collecting. Still collect locally within a 5 mile radius but the rest get S.A.Es and yes a few of them took a while to get used to it but it works a treat now giving me more time at home. I can't see how putting cheques in the bank cost a lot. It don't cost me nothing. The good thing about collecting is you get a good rapport with yer custys.
cheques should cost between 60-70p to put in the bank if you have a business account

mine will cost me nothing to pay in, going to give it a trial, if i can get as many to pay online or chq and only have to collect 1 ***ht a week, then this will be great

I consider myself lucky tbh, I haven't done a proper evening of collecting in well over a year. 99% of my customers have someone home most times eg. cleaner, retired already, rich wife, etc. So I don't go collecting, ones I hardly get in I let send cheques (I never pay for the posting), and if some aren't in the one time I leave til next time.

Prices will be going up this spring/summer for customers who have been on the books for over 2years, some haven't in the last 8 years so well due. So glad I don't collect, I'd then be spending probs about £60 a week in petrol tbh.

By the way, the customers that send cheque, I leave one of my receipts with this written in the description of work field:

"Please send cheque payable to J.Bloggs to the address provided."

Never. Paid. For their postage. lol

if you bin your business account & pay cheques into your personal account they dont cost anything & the bank cant do anything unless your putting in mega amounts of cheques in every week- cheques have to be made out to your name though - ive been doing that for 7 yrs

i take paypal & bacs as well

I don't do any collecting they either pay through online banking (cost nothing) or cheque ( trip to the post office) I bank with the coop and pay in ten cheques s at a time without charges,most I paid in at one time was thirty (don't have a business account) I use to find I was going out at ***ht chasing the same people for money so decided to drop them. It takes a while to build up a round with good payers. You'll still get some who leave it in a hiding place or pay on the day :)

Looks like a professional letter buddy.

I only have to collect off a few custys now as they don't use the internet and have never heard of a cheque book. But all my other custys pretty much pay online now.

Back