Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Council estate

Don't start me off on that ****

And all the other incompetent fools trying to take his place

My **** middle class

I was born in london. Lived on a council estate with bugger all. Worked my nuts off for everything i have. Nice house nice family and very happy.

PROUD TO BE WORKING CLASS

Yep, when everyone starts out the first thing they think of doing is dropping leaflets in the big houses, big mistake IMO.

You do get your exceptions, but the majority of the best payers are the average 2-3 bed IMHO, for regular window cleaning that is.

Yep, when everyone starts out the first thing they think of doing is dropping leaflets in the big houses, big mistake IMO.
You do get your exceptions, but the majority of the best payers are the average 2-3 bed IMHO, for regular window cleaning that is.
I did that but from probably 300 leaflets 2 customers.one4 week window clean £22 and the other so far charged for various jobs £640.

good thing about council estates you can canvass it hard easily over and over as the houses are close together . one estate that i like working on iv leafletted two or three times . dont forget the blocks of flats either

good thing about council estates you can canvass it hard easily over and over as the houses are close together . one estate that i like working on iv leafletted two or three times . dont forget the blocks of flats either
How much time do you wait between rounds of leafletting

How much time do you wait between rounds of leafletting
i leafletted every springtime with a vengeance [ had spent xmas printing and getting streetmaps ready ]

this year is the 1st im not bothering, altho i still spent xmas printing em, im snowed under with work itd be daft to leaflet [i think]

Middle class and upper class are a pain in the arses
95% of my customers would fall into this bracket. I find that they are happy to pay a decent price if you do a good job and you present yourself professionally.

I have to say that where I live, the council estates and housing associaion customers are a pain in the backside! Canvassing for me in these places has produced hardly any work and where it does produce work, I have had to chase up money. And they chop and change the frequency, or say "can you leave it today". So I have targeted nicer areas and have got a good amount of work.

And Ive found the better off customers have tipped me much better than the less well off. Ive always been led to believe rich people are tight!

there all a pain in the arris taking me away from my beloved chair..

and another thing...big house usually come with big drives...

I have one house on a big house road and so I put cards through them all didnt get a tickle....

mind you as I posted the other day when I got the sack before I started I posted at least fifty in the local area on a council estate not one call back..

I was funny enough just remembering my youth yesterday as you do...and thinking of the huge block of flats I used to clean and on my own meant I knew the exact pace time to finish just in a day...and I could always start on the sunny bit in the cold of winter or avoid the too hot sun of summer...now thats the work I want...headphones on and off I go...and of course...I want one payment not so keen on going around collecting all the flats afterwards...

I was actually glancing across at an absolutely huge nursing home which they have just doubled in size....and wishing that was mine...you jammy sandbachwindowcleaner who ever you are that has that..../emoticons/biggrin.png

not that I would like to have to work out a price for that..boy if you got it wrong...

I have a nursing home i do for a mate

He owns a cleaning company and pays me to do the windows 2 monthly

It is like a mini estate of bungalows and a home of 2 floors about 45 flats

Won't tell you how much i get for that but it is worth a days work

Probably a third of our work is on council estates, like everywhere you got to sort the wheat from the chaff as they say.
In Nottingham I learned a new expression 'The bread and lard crowd' These are the people that are so busy having to live in the big house with the big car and all the latest designer **** that all they are having for dinner is bread and lard as they can't afford a decent food.

The moral being just cause it's a big private house it doesn't make the people inside any better payers.

I've only been a windy since April last year, I've noticed that the estates seem to be better generally, as people have said, big flash places seem to be tight as ar******s and can't be bothered to pay up on time.

A lot of my good reliable custys are the small flats i do..ground and first floor ones

A lot of them are young mums or couples

Latest Posts

Back