New to the trade!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Brent, May 16, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Brent

Brent Guest

Hi,

I'm Brent and literally started up my own window cleaning business last week. I bought a van and got it kitted out professionally and I will offer WFP and traditional.
    I have a few customers (friends) but no where near enough. What are your thoughts on leaflet distribution ( I gather people on here haven't had much response) and other forms of advertising. Is it worth a Facebook page etc. I know a lot of it is probably word of mouth but I really need that initial customer base. What are your thoughts?

I need to insure myself and the equipment in the van. Can anyone recommend a good insurance company that deals with window cleaners and equipment?

Any advice gratefully received!
    Cheers Brent

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Hi Brent welcome to the forum mate, I've had no luck with flyers at all but Facebook I have done quite well out if it it's well worth doing, im not sure about insurance for kit but I have business insurance with gleaming for £16 per month seem to cover unite a lot.

3. Posh

Posh Hero

Greetings & good luck. If its public lisbility ins you want try Zurich. Got mine for a year £62 and that covers me for a million.[hr]
    Have you thought about canvassers to get you that initial base.

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Hia mate welcome.

5. Paul

Paul Guest

Posh did you use canvessers when you started?

6. karl

karl Guest

i got a good response on my facebook page iv just started and i also posted on gumtree got 60 customers i also got 5000 flyers printed posted loads for hours and got 1 reply there useless id suggest door knocking my brother done it for me today while i was at work and got me another 10 good luck mate

7. mark m

mark m Hero

welcome to the forum

8. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Welcome to the forum Brent.. Advertise anywhere you can that is free! Gumtree seems to work well for most, local ads Facebook pages. And door knocking will be the best way to get a compact round. I like a6 flyers not too big and people do hang on to them

9. Brent

Brent Guest

Thanks all for your advice! I am already glad that I have joined this forum, there is nothing like getting opinions from people already in the trade.

Cheers lads, appreciate your help, Brent

10. A.K WINDOWS

orite brent good luck with the business best job in the world.

heres what i do

gumtree
    free adds on the net any free sites
    door knock if you can do it
    flyers/cards do it all mate

ive gained all my custys by cards threw the door.i was inspired by a guy who i dont see on here any more called col.he built his business just by flyers works for some not others keep them simple and dont put a price on them;)

Advertisement