Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to this site, kinda new to the industry!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nigel Wren

WindowGuy
Hi, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I have been reading various posts over the past few months and I'm impressed with the support and comradeship here!

well here's my story ... in brief.. many years ago, I started a window cleaning round to see me through University. Back then (and I'm talking 16 years ago), it was pretty easy, I leafleted about 100 houses and would pick-up 2 or 3 new houses each time!! I was only charging £5 per house back then (Watford area). all I had was a knackered car, set of ladders, squeegee and scrim. I carried on for about 8 years working one day a week but slowly found my customers dwindling. Over the past 10 years I have been teaching technical stuff in a FE college in kent, which I enjoyed, was made redundant recently and I have decided to go back to the window cleaning business. I have now set-up a website, designed fliers/cards etc., brought a van, WFP trolley system, RO system and gutter vac system and Im ready to launch next week, all I need now is some customers!!! My plan is to work bloody hard... 4 hours of leafleting with a friend aiming to drop 1000 per day for the first month and 3 hours of door knocking... not looking forward to that one. And just keep going like that fitting in the jobs as they come in. I have a mortgage to pay and mouths to feed, so its scary but im encouraged by so many treads on this forum.

Would love to chat to similar start-ups or established guys, get feedback and any tips.

welcome nigel i would think by the sounds of what your doing leafletting and canvassing youll be up and running fairly quickly on the canvassing side i just built a saturday morning round for my 16 year old lad consists of 24 houses doing 6 each saturday over the month it took the best part of 6 hours door knocking maybe i dropped lucky but it just shows the scope out their for them willing and eager i now need to concentrate on getting myself some more houses now the lad is sorted lol good luck with it mate

Welcome Nigel , TIP in connection with Fliers mark the price on the Fliers for each area that you are canvassing this lets the customers know exactly what it will cost for there house ,

Nice Website Nigel , what system do you use for spraying Algae ? I built a system myself can spray a 2 story 4 bedroom house in about 20 mins , can send you details and photos of same if you want, cost in euro 380.00 ,

Thanks Larry yes photos would be good. Im just using a portable 100psi battery & pump (cost £100) eBay and a lance, but using a WFP for roofs.

have tried various off the shelf treatments but I have recently found AlgoClear Pro, not cheep but seems to be really effective stuff. and thoughts?

tip- milk the Facebook buy n sell groups for customers, this is a lot easier physically than dropping leaflets. havin said that i like leafletting but it can get gruelling

Back