Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black spot Indian stone

arrrr the old indian sandstone the method i use is pressure wash using the flat surface cleaner this will clean well to a point (doesnt allways take off black lichen) then i would use my ips pro sprayer with a drum of sodium hypochlorite mixed with a surfacant and water spray on leave for 20mins then hard broom and wash away job done- orrrr sometimes a watering can with hypo mix lay it on hard broom wash way with tap job done if you have pictures may help-

arrrr the old indian sandstone the method i use is pressure wash using the flat surface cleaner this will clean well to a point (doesnt allways take off black lichen) then i would use my ips pro sprayer with a drum of sodium hypochlorite mixed with a surfacant and water spray on leave for 20mins then hard broom and wash away job done- orrrr sometimes a watering can with hypo mix lay it on hard broom wash way with tap job done if you have pictures may help-
Hi

Where is the best place to buy hypo?

What rate does it go on?

Have heard some people just Jupp patios instead of pressure washing.

And also soak all vegetation surrounding?

Many thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Sodium Hypochlorite 14-15% *ADR Courier Delivery*- Choose Pack Size 500ml - 25L

you can buy from ebay like above not cheapest way best way is by 25litres drums at your local wholesaler farm supplies mine is hay and brecon farmers i pay £14.40 for 25 litres rations depend wildly on each job, depends on the job if i had a patio wth say 300slabs that would benefit from softwashing i have used 50litres of hypo if i had a small patio say 16 slabs you can use 7 and a half litres

and yes soak garden arround area and not suitable for tarmac to be careful do some research on softwashing i very often use products from mark caves range Mark Cave | Facebook and i use 8 theyre blackwash is awesome hypo based product with added surfacant and they biocide wash is also second to none

you can softwash only some jobs sometimes it takes mixture of both see image attatched there was 280 slabs with a pre soak of hypo then pressured washed (didnt touch it) so i had to wire brush black spot one by one to achieve this finish) 30 year old patio never been touched- this is an example of where pressure washer alone wont cut it- unless you had a hot washer this may have cut the mustard

IMG_4617.JPG

you can softwash only some jobs sometimes it takes mixture of both see image attatched there was 280 slabs with a pre soak of hypo then pressured washed (didnt touch it) so i had to wire brush black spot one by one to achieve this finish) 30 year old patio never been touched- this is an example of where pressure washer alone wont cut it- unless you had a hot washer this may have cut the mustard
Thanks for your replys will try this

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back