New to wfp, what equipment to get??

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by chunk0002, Nov 20, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chunk0002

chunk0002 Member

Hi everyone my name is Luke. As you can see I'm new to WFP system as I am currently using traditional methods. I've been a bit skeptical about switching to WFP as I heard off people having bad cleans? I'm looking to start using WFP system and start off with a basic trolley set up so that I can get used to it and go from there. I was wondering if anyone can recommend what to get and also what size di vessel. I've been helping a friend for a while with his traditional round as well and so I would like to build my round up and incorporate this system . Any help would be great fully received about equipment and also how to set up?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi & welcome:thumbsup:

jimmyboots posted an interesting thread called something like "diy alternative to backpack" that maybe of interest to you

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

4. chunk0002

chunk0002 Member

Thank you that's a brilliant post and I will investigate further. What would you advise in the way of a di vessel ,I wouldn't be using loads of water. Also what pole/brush would you reccomed. Thank you :)

5. lewis p

lewis p Member

6. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Do you know the TDS of your tap water? that is the first thing, your gear will change depending on it.

7. lewis p

lewis p Member

sorry already answered slow at typing lol

8. chunk0002

chunk0002 Member

No I don't know the tds yet I'm in Shropshire does anyone know or I will buy a meter. Also is the resin I buy dependant on my reading? Thank you for your reply

9. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

TD can vary wildly from area to area, and if it is high you would probably need an RO as well as a DI vessel with resin.

10. chunk0002

chunk0002 Member

Ok it's best if I get a meter then and do the test. What else do I need to consider when starting off with this method. I have watched youtube methods on various techniques and also I was going to practice on my own house and family before I go off to do customers. What reviews do you get about the WFP method?

Advertisement