New to window cleaning

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by well clean, Jan 21, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. well clean

well clean Newcomer

hi everyone I have been thinking of starting window cleaning now for some time. I really like the idea of working outdoors as for the last 5 years I have been in the office witch I can't stick much longer. I have bought all trad gear and going to see a wfp trolly tomorrow will let yous know how I get on. But my only problem is chapping doors I have a few areas eyed up but just don't have the heart to chap they doors. Any advice would be great. Thanks everyone in advanced

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi & welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

daveyboy1 should be able to give you a few pointers in trad work and gaining customers

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

knock on doors , start straight away, not next week not next month . you should get 1 job on your first day if you try hard enough . stay trad is my advice ,

4. andy w

andy w Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome from me! Good luck well clean :thumbsup:

5. TolishAPurd

Welcome fella. Never been a fan of door knocking myself, but its meant to be very effective, so if you want the work, go get it!

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Welcome fella
    Boar said it right
    Just get out and knock
    Once you have a few knocked you won't think about it
    I actually find it funny nowadays when i get the occasional rude one and just laugh at them
    Don't let the bastads grind you down

7. well clean

well clean Newcomer

thanks guys went out and done my own windows today and got 2 jobs from that alone one is a upstairs house £5 every 2 weeks and the other is the as mine up and down stair witch i just said to hir £5 also kicking myself now as there in more windows lol but will get out and canvas tomoro i need to just do it . i am going to see this wfp trolley when the guy finishes work so will keep yous posted if i get it at the right price ?? thanks guys

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Nice mate
    I wouldn't bother with the trolley until you have a good few custys and would just trad for now then build yourself a trolley when you get to that point
    Plenty of good instructions here how to make one for peanuts
    Just my opinion

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. well clean

well clean Newcomer

ok the deal was everything i need to start wfp inc ro system 150gpd priced at £500 its a used system he says he will even give me a tds meter ?? i am not 100 % sure what all that is i was thinking of offering him £400 depending on the condition i do understand that i should wait but i feel its a steal at that. because iv seen them go for 800 without ro??? i am really not sure now

10. Posh

Posh Hero

If yer not sure what it all is how do you know it's a steal????

I would follow that advise & stick to trad until you got a few customers. Try find someone who does wfp & see if they will let you go out with them so you can get to understand it and that you like it.
    Great job in summer. Not so nice in winter.

Advertisement