Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What size pole

leeroy711

Hi guys, I'm currently getting ready to change from trad to wfp. Just wondering if someone could help on what size pole I may need, I'm thinking of a 22 foot for my general houses and I may get a couple of my 3 story's with that as there not that high. But I have a couple that 22 foot will definitely not reach iv attached a couple of photos of them (probably hard to tell on pics) but any help would be appreciated, iv been talking to another local wfp window cleaner and he thought 30 foot would do? Sorry about the long post. Thanks
a6a772caf4eefd31f3e690c92da4a41c.jpg
6f74d5b23ed4f1237a56addc2a67a9de.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

slx 25 probably do it but not sure from pics, I use my 25 for 3 story town houses on some of my rounds and reach is fine , all the best

this is y i have to poles one 22ft and one 47ft as i can brake the 47ft down to sute the job in hand as u never no whats round the corner but your question about size ide say 30ft would reach that

I would say the six 25 will reach nps you could always buy 1 extension just incase but my 25 reaches all my 3 story houses !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My slx22 with an extension does the one town with skylights but I do stand on my steps first or second rung can't remember off hand.

I once borrowed a laser measure to check out what length pole I needed in the early days. It was pretty accurate.

If this is your only tall property then I would be hard pressed to spend the money on a pole to reach a one off job. There's always the possibility they could cancel you in a couple of cleans. Those wooden window frames are in a bad state of repair so you/they can't expect the clean to be perfect.

I would just tell the owner you haven't the equipment to reach the top windows as leave it to them. There are plenty more fish in the sea if they don't accept that.

As per @tench0771 I have 2 pole sizes on the van; SLX22 and SLX40 and those cover all the work we have.

Last edited by a moderator:
SLX 30 is what you want, as these loft windows are set back a bit and to see bottom of window why you are cleaning you will want to stand back a bit so 25 will be that little bit of a stretch, 25 will get you to 2nd floor of a town house no problem though but may as well get 30 to have in your arsenal

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back