New To Window Cleaning

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Crsmck, Feb 17, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Crsmck

Crsmck Member

I'm new to window cleaning, been going about a month and initially bought a startup kit and have been using the 10" squeegee that came with the kit. I was out helping my mate with a big job and he gave me a shot of his brass 8" squeegee and I found it really nice to use on residential windows. So I ordered myself a pulex brass handle with 8" channel and clips. I've never had any experience with pulex equipment, what do you guys think and do you have and tips that can help me progress as a professional window cleaner.

I know this is probably a pain in the ass topic to be going on about, but I'm keen to learn as much as I can.

Sorry again for prattling on.

Advertisement
  2. JDMW

JDMW Guru

hey dont be sorry mate, we have all been in your situation, are you looking at stopping on the trad route or you willing to go water fedpole route??

3. Posh

Posh Hero

Never really used pulex before just mainly unger but must admit I have 12 inch squeegee & 10 inch & prefer using the 10. Pulex is a good make so you should be ok with it.

4. Crsmck

Crsmck Member

I defo prefer trad if I'm honest, in all fairness though I've never tried wfp. So far I'm really enjoying learning the ropes and soaking up as much info as I can.

5. Crsmck

Crsmck Member

Thanks for the reply, I was looking on the Internet and pulex rubber seemed to get a good write up so I opted for their brand brass squeegee.

I genuinely under estimated the skill involved in window cleaning, but I do love the daily challenge.

6. JDMW

JDMW Guru

if you go wfp a good investment is a backpack setup. all my work is used with just a backpack. trad gear i use is wagtail.

7. Crsmck

Crsmck Member

I've not yet had a shot of a wagtail I don't really want to shell out for one incase I don't like it lol.

8. JDMW

JDMW Guru

get them on ebay for under a tenner mate. i paid 4 quid for mine 3 yrs ago lol. i can use it on a pole but took lots of practise. this is what i used when i first started out window cleaning.

9. Posh

Posh Hero

I couldn't get on with pulex rubber. Found I went through it to quick. I use unger soft now BUT pulex is fine & know a few on here use it. We all use different and it's each owns preference.

10. mark m

mark m Hero

I have only used unger I have never tried pulex before but I am sure they will be fine they have been around for years

Advertisement