new toy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by dasslr1, Mar 15, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

trolley and back pack come today but the 30ft wfp hasn't arrived yet should of come with backpack ,messaged them ,the delivery guys have split them up and it coming tomorrow???? .would of liked some practise on my own house before doing a job tomorrow with it but never mind ... IMG_20160315_144136.jpg

Advertisement
  2. Elliot

Elliot Active Member

Good luck you can't beat a bit of practise . Just a thought on the trolley . You may find it a lot easier using one with a round handle . You can pull the trolley and hold the pole in the other hand I know I wouldn't be able to use that on compact work . But you might be ok on single jobs .

3. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

I see what you mean yeah true .never even thought of that .

4. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

I was thinking of ..when iv done a few jobs ....to put a reel on top and an old piece of downpipe fixed to the back just long enough to slide the pole in so im not carrying it .

5. Scots lad

Scots lad Active Member

Get a hose reel from wilko for a tenner and tie wrap it to top bar

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Elliot

Elliot Active Member

I've tried the hose reel and the down pipe . I took em both off after a couple days . I wrap the hose round the handle . Just un coil it on the first job and the hose then follows me to the next job . Didn't like the holder I found it easier carrying it in the other hand . But all my work is compact so it is really easy working this way . But like I say try stuff an d see what works .

7. Nathan_M

Nathan_M Northern Cleaning & Maintenance

Where's the backpack from dasslr1 ? Looks good and so much easier to get round back of some properties with rather than pulling and snagging the hose.

8. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

9. Nathan_M

Nathan_M Northern Cleaning & Maintenance

Nice one mate. I'm only after one for the jobs that are a bit of a pain at the back. I've used them before, one for chemicals (heavy de-greaser) for restaurant vents and other stuff and then one for the windows on hard to do places. I looked at DIY but I honestly think after buying pump, battery etc it will be easier and cheaper to buy a backpack.
    Hope you like it bud, nothing like making the job easier :thumbsup:

10. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

got job on tomorrow with it ,two more are interested .and a friend wants a job doing ,so play my cards right that's paid for its self ,any job after that's a bonus lol
    how do you find using it ?

Advertisement