Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back To Trad

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I would never ever go fully back to trad. My lot are trained and used to wfp now. It's quicker, safer and more £££

On a side note, my mate's old man who is 70 I think, is thinking going wfp. Go figure that one.

Point blank there is no argument wfp is NOT as good cleaning the windows as trad .

Its safer and its easier for guys thinking there never going to get seriously hurt falling off ladders that's it stop messing about also I will submit you can only do some windows via wfp its the only option so does open up more work IF YOU WANT IT AND NEED IT.

But customers are not idiots they would far sooner have a trad guy do there windows and the fact is if there are two window cleaner side by side vying for same job and both can get to all of the windows easily the trad man will win the customer in MOST CASES.

END of argument lol

Its safer and easier on your knees to use wfp. I have lost a few over the 2 years but I can count them on my hand, and with this business I almost replaced them within 24 hours - 48 hours the most...

Strangely enough I have noticed this year that I am taking "one step back and TWO steps forward" meaning as one cancels i get two more almost straight away.

Point blank there is no argument wfp is NOT as good cleaning the windows as trad .

Its safer and its easier for guys thinking there never going to get seriously hurt falling off ladders that's it stop messing about also I will submit you can only do some windows via wfp its the only option so does open up more work IF YOU WANT IT AND NEED IT.

But customers are not idiots they would far sooner have a trad guy do there windows and the fact is if there are two window cleaner side by side vying for same job and both can get to all of the windows easily the trad man will win the customer in MOST CASES.

END of argument lol
Unless you trad guys don't clean the frames ---- I have a guy down by me who has most of the few blocks here and doesn't clean the frames. Customers are now asking me to clean them as a WFP user I can clean the frames as standard.

Had an old woman ask me to clean her windows today. She wanted me to wfp them as she prefers it! The old windy used to leave holes in her lawn from his ladder. I upped the price by 4 quid. And yes wfp does as good a job as trad, if not better. When you have done both you will know ;-)

some windows dont come out good wfp some come out beta i dont care wat any one thinks its true any one who thinks different hasent checked there windows they have cleaned an i mean all, some windows leach black frm rubbers they allways spot an leave runs just goes to show slap dash who dont care an r in a dream world wfp and trad is best not every house can b wfp simple open ur eyes lol :Image16:

I've just transferred my whole business over from ladder to WFP,typed every one a letter and explained as to why,I've sacked 4 who moaned,the usual my mate says there rubbish,blah blah blah,n rest are ok,a lot of the old uns do moan,but 3 floors up a ladder ain't no fun n so much quicker and safer with a pole,mossy customers are like sheep n just follow the flock,reliability and a cleaner they trust shines above all excuses

I do both and have for a while now, couldn't see the big deal before I tried wfp but overall I think yeah its slightly better although I prefer to trad. Just for the record again I took work from wfp guys that did shoddy work but then I've taken work from shoddy tradders as well go figure.

I rent out a fair bit of work and group of flats I did myself with wfp has been converted back to trad as it is easier for my guy to do it off ladders. He was a bit gutted to convert them back as he don't have the means to transport a lot of water, he has no choice. Customers where happy to have them trad as they did use to moan a lot but none of them could say the windows weren't cleaned to a high standard.

after just changed to W F P !! four weeks now its not as easy as i thought, everyone seams happy with the new system, most of the feed back is they are happy that i,m not using ladders

just learning checking most jobs, since they are first cleans doing the windows twice and really just taking my time

after grafting all day W F P still feel fresh not knackered at all. at the end of the day i dont want my legs knackered with climbing ladders all day

All work is bad for you I think wears your body out or your mind or both :Image6: then ya die

ye ha its the weekend :Image13:

Will there ever be an end to this argument. Nope but let's not turn it into one guys.
Oh dodger

This forum needs a good old argument lol.

Trad is best..............if you get two window cleaners and both do it to a good standard then trad will win by a mile.

And as for knackered Knees when trading what about knackered arms when holding your pole all day long and pulling your hose.

WFP is only good for windows out of reach end of argument as a LAST resort.

And also to the guys who say it doesn't cost thousands for nothing.........yep it does........your being ripped off just like a lot of stuff costs a lot of money it doesn't mean its any good.

Come on lets avvvvvvvvvvvvvv it

Poll please on trad verses pole Dodger /emoticons/smile.png ( no pun intended )

OMG lol

This topic had no answer

Like which is best fishing

Rod or pole

Best knockout kick

Roundhouse or axe

It all personal preference to me

After a lot up n down a ladder me knee knackering out,so it WFP or have a labourer up ladder,m they never do the job as good as yourself anyway

I've had a week on WFP so I still learning to walk at the mo,but,it nice not havin me knee strapped,WFP or pole

Up to the person cleaning I spose

And which is easiest to earn my wage

Very balanced answered tattooed window cleaner. I think after several years of running up and down ladders, wfp is a bit easier on the body. But we're suppose to be manual workers and take a bit of punishment. We have a mixed bunch that use all wfp, half and half then the trad only guys. Be good to hear each others views and what you feel is best. I spoken to a number of window cleaners and used my own experience and think there isn't much between the two.

I'm still learning to use my WFP

After years of building up my rounds,and taking on customers who have sacked the poles when the turn up saying "you can't clean windows with a glorified yard brush and a hosepipe matey,on ya f%#%#^g bike"

I was apprehensive and changing,reliability and trusting there window cleaner pays a big part I spose,a lot of customers have welcomed the change,a few have said 'we'll c how it goes'

Ah well,big newish treble ladder now for sale as well as others

Life goes on

who cares which is best?

As long as ya get paid we are all happy :Image13: :Image13:

i think if u have 2 brand new windows side by side an u trad 1 an wfp the other the wfp will come out perfect the trad will have a slite smear or cloth hair round the edge an a dierection change mark in the middle of the glass u can only c them in the sun , but if u have to old windows with dodgy rubbers ie leaching black or a powery fraim the trad will win thats my view :Image3:

Latest Posts

Back