New trolley from ikea

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Pickingpaul, Nov 23, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

The first thing my mrs said to me this morning was "I want to go to ikea" :eek:

So off we went, i noticed they had little trolleys to help u shop which looked a great size for a wfp trolley system so i grabbed it and wheeledit around ikea wishing i could buy one and secretly weihing up the odds of being caught if i was to slip it in the boot and then at the till i noticed they were also selling the things for £9.99 so i brought one. ;)

Ive been using a homemade trolley system for about 5 months now and the trolleyi have is too clumsy and big for my liking especially when getting in and out of the car, but this ikea one folds up as well which was attractive for logistical reasons.

All I need to do now is remake my box with the pump and battery inside, ive seen the grey smaller boxes used on a few videos and pictures which i want to get but unsure where they are from? Anyone have a link for that? I have a few other things i need help with and im open to any tips you want to give. Heres a picture of it.

Advertisement
  2. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

The white plastic tab dangling from the middle bar is to click the bottom in place when u fold it up

Attached Files:

3. TolishAPurd

Pretty cool Ikea, ..I mean idea mate.:thumbsup:

4. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Lol yeah

It holds up to 30kilo it says by the way. And at the top where the ikea sign is perfect for a few extra winds of hose.

5. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

Doesn't look man enough for the job to me mate. I bought an aluminium one from sack trucks direct for about £60 and that's still going really strong. Light too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

7. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Might be true, it feels pretty sturdy though and the small wheels i first thought wouldnt be any good but we shall see, i suspect this will be ok though as long as im careful with it.

Worth a £9.99 gamble

8. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

Sure thing! Just be extremely careful with steps. Mine has pneumatic tyres which are great.

9. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Thanks, a junction box, of course, i remember now. B n q down the road from me so i will pop there after work i think.

No, i appreciate your other comment as u r right it does look a bit leak and flimsy, i guess theres a fine line between too big and strong and too small and light. I think the frame is sound, just might be tough on those wheels, but i only generally go on the pavement with the one i have.

Have u made a wfp trolley yourself then mate?

10. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

Yeah. I started out with a big boy on my aluminum sack truck.

Then I added a hose reel and eventually built a pump box so I wouldn't have to pour my containers into the backpack anymore.

It works sound. Use it day in, day out with no bother at all. I personally prefer a trolley setup to a van mount just because you have less hose trailing around everywhere.

Advertisement