New type of windows

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by lisaheader, Apr 7, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. lisaheader

lisaheader Guest

Hey,
    I would like to ask - have you heard about "self cleaning" windows? What can you tell me about them? I think that "self cleaning" is a little bit strongly said and that is why they still need some cleaning from time to time.

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

Yeah they are just a way of window companies up selling a product.I clean loads of houses with "self cleaning glass" doesn't work in Britain because the conditions aren't quite right.They are not easy to clean with water fed pole as the water sort of sits above the glass and squeegee I find catches.

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Ye load of rubbish they still need cleaning but as nearlyclean said they can be a pain to do

4. lisaheader

lisaheader Guest

So, what I can understand - these windows are useless, right?

5. Ginge

Ginge Guest

We have a client with these Windows fitted throughout the house and also on the conservatory. They don't self clean at all and they certainly can't stop birds from using as a toilet. When using water fed poles they need to be double rinsed for perfect results.

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

Your right about the double rinsing and a brush with fan jets fitted help,Did a conservatory today all self cleaning glass only clean it 10 weeks ago,Nice bit of bird poop in the middle of roof LOL used some Ecover on the brush to first then went over it again to rinse.:)

7. lisaheader

lisaheader Guest

:) Nice...

I want to have a little change in my house and my first aim is to have new windows. I was considering to try these "self cleaning" ones, but now I don't want to spend extra money on something that will do the same thing as the old one.
    Thanks guys :)

8. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Even if the self cleaning glass worked the frames would still end up looking awful

Advertisement