Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole hose ?

Jackjoewill

Been using pure freedom trolley for 6 weeks now, and enjoying the new experience. My only gripe is taking the hose off and on the trolley every house. Thinking of using Gardiners All Season pole hose 8mm OD. Much thinner, lighter and more flexible. I won't be leaving the hose on the road, to be run over by cars, so can't see a problem. Has anyone else tried this hose, and what results ?

Been using pure freedom trolley for 6 weeks now, and enjoying the new experience. My only gripe is taking the hose off and on the trolley every house. Thinking of using Gardiners All Season pole hose 8mm OD. Much thinner, lighter and more flexible. I won't be leaving the hose on the road, to be run over by cars, so can't see a problem. Has anyone else tried this hose, and what results ?
What do you mean by 'taking the hose off every house'?

Sorry, meant unwinding and winding the hose on to the trolley, every house.
Am I right in thinking you're using the clear pole hose? How much hose have you got on the trolley and is it on some sort of reel? On my trolley, I have about 20' of hose with a tap and that connects to the hose on my pole. If you're not using a reel, you could wind it round the handle. I find this works well, but I only use it for a few jobs.

Myself I either coiled the pole hose in my hand or used a pf wfp hose tidy bracket.

I am using the microbore 11.5 OD hose. I have about 15 metres which I wind on the levers at the back of the trolley.
Have you tried using pole hose only? You were asking about the Gardiners all season hose. Was that to replace the microbore? If you're thinking about using a tap, I found the all season would pull out easily. The orange pu hose that Gardiners sell doesn't pull out of inline taps.

Jackjoewill. I use the Gardiners allseason pole hose. 30 meters on a reel attached to the Trolley.I like it because its supple, light and doesnt coil up. I dont use an inline tap. I use the aquaTap.

Have you tried using pole hose only? You were asking about the Gardiners all season hose. Was that to replace the microbore? If you're thinking about using a tap, I found the all season would pull out easily. The orange pu hose that Gardiners sell doesn't pull out of inline taps.
If you want to use our All-Season pole hose with push-fit taps then using the John Guest Stem-to-Barb adapters will stop them pulling out - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/John-Guest-8mm-stem-to-6mm-Barb-PM250806E.html

Ordered my all season pole hose and fittings from Gardiners yesterday afternoon, and received them 7.0 am today. Great service.

Looking forward to tomorrow with new hose.

Thanks Jimmyboots for info and photos. Like the reel on the trolley. Don't know why they don't make this standard on all trollies. Anyone know where to get a good small reel from ?

I use a Pure Freedom trolley with 30m of Aqua-dapter hose on a mini hose reel.

I've worked like this for over 18 months & it works really well.

I'd have thought that Pure Freedom would have made an "optional extra" mini reel that clips onto their trolley... because apart from that, it's a really well designed & thought out piece of kit!

Thanks speci4l. Can you tell me where you got your mini hose reel from. I've seen a few on the internet, but not sure of their sizes. How did you attach it to the trolley ?

Also, as you have the pure freedom trolley, can you tell me what spares you carry, in case of breakages, and have you had any. How long does the battery and pump

Back