Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Van New Branding

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Looks very smart. Ive just bought a Peugeot partner and am looking for a budget system to go in it. ive no experience in widow cleaning so im looking for some advise.

Depends on your tap TDS, budget, access to power and water and storage space.
so the TDS of my water is 102, ideally id like to find a system for around £1200 as ive spent a good bit on getting a decent van to look the part. ive got access to power but no storage so the process will have to be done in the van.

Tap water tds around 150ppm or lower in Middlesbrough area. @mark1981.

First purchase is a genuine TDS meter. That will give you some direction.
Ive got my meter and tested my water. 102ppm is the reading.

so the TDS of my water is 102, ideally id like to find a system for around £1200 as ive spent a good bit on getting a decent van to look the part. ive got access to power but no storage so the process will have to be done in the van.
Have a word with @doug atkinson, he'll point you in the right direction. To filter in the van a double di might be the best initially. When you start to need water then upgrade to an R/O etc. I'm not sure your budget will allow a van mount that will allow you to produce quickly, unless you are good at diy and build your own. Plent of info on here about doing that.  

The first one would take you all night to fill your tank, personally would go for second one but there are loads of "handy" diy  lads on here and it isn't hard to pick up a second hand tank for a lot cheaper @johnny bravo is local and has a tank for sale, who might be able to point you in the right direction as well
That’s great. How can I get in touch with him? Not sure how this site fully works yet.

That’s great. How can I get in touch with him? Not sure how this site fully works yet.
This is the item listed on here, just reply to it and he should pick it up. I also tagged him in to the conversation so he might see that as well. You can also click on his name and send him a message, if he wants to help or not I don't know. He might class you as competition ?

This is the item listed on here, just reply to it and he should pick it up. I also tagged him in to the conversation so he might see that as well. You can also click on his name and send him a message, if he wants to help or not I don't know. He might class you as competition ?
That’s great really appreciate your help?

650 litre Flat tank,     remember you do not have to fill up with 650 litres of pure.    You can start off with 200 / 400 +.      Id put it on a tiny tilt towards the tap if not filling up.    I have a straight pure freedom tap also which is new.       ideal for tank facing pump.  straight line for hose.

Measurements on pure freedom site,  650 litre wydale flat water tank, Lid & Tap.      all you will then need are Reel, Pump / Controller  / Battery  Pole.      If you can afford new get new.    Around £600 for that lot.      Second hand around   £400

All spending to get started,        get on a visa pay monthly.       We do not know how many customers you have,  But now is not a good time to Door Knock,    

What areas are you working , how many customers atm,    any income  yet

650 litre Flat tank,     remember you do not have to fill up with 650 litres of pure.    You can start off with 200 / 400 +.      Id put it on a tiny tilt towards the tap if not filling up.    I have a straight pure freedom tap also which is new.       ideal for tank facing pump.  straight line for hose.

Measurements on pure freedom site,  650 litre wydale flat water tank, Lid & Tap.      all you will then need are Reel, Pump / Controller  / Battery  Pole.      If you can afford new get new.    Around £600 for that lot.      Second hand around   £400

All spending to get started,        get on a visa pay monthly.       We do not know how many customers you have,  But now is not a good time to Door Knock,    

What areas are you working , how many customers atm,    any income  yet
That's pretty much what I started with and still use, though now we have two operators. We use a similar RO to the one in the first photo above for processing into an IBC tank at home but you could process it in the van. Ours is a Filterplus 300 from Streamline about £300 but we've upgraded it to a 600GPD. It needs a minimum of 40 psi water pressure. We had to fit a booster pump about £400 I think from memory, same supplier. I'd suggest using a DI vessel as well about £70, we now use two. These prices are approximate and in some cases estimated from more or less guesswork. .

I tell you what, when you start adding up the costs of equipment it's frightening.I did a tot up early last year. The rough figures I came to were ;

Base unit : IBC, transfer pump and hose, booster pump, 600 gpd RO, plus extra filters and double DIs and resin about £1400 including DIY custom upgrades.

Equipment in the van is over £4000. Everything is DIY but we carry an awful lot of equipment : long ladder, short double ladder, tele ladder, step up, ladder standoff,. Ladder Matrix Pro, trolley jack, Gardiner Backpack, trolley, SLX 30, SLX 22 X 3, Extreme 22,swivel, brushes, Harris Pole, Gutter Pro set, Chimney rods, 2 hd leisure batteries, scr, 600 flat tank, 2 hose reels, 2kw immersion. Pumps, controllers.

This has been built up over 6 years, by no means all of it is essential. It's what we've built up over time to make our work day quicker and more efficient. Every piece of equipment is used though some such as chimney rods very rarely.

Apologies, this was meant to be a short post, of just the first paragraph. But when I started going through prices I kept going. Once again, too much time on my hands.,as I'm still on lockdown and going seriously stir crazy. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back