Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which RO to buy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TWC

Really appreciate some advice on the different types of RO units available. Im planning to go full time on the glass within the next 12 months so need a fair size capacity and don't want to buy twice. I would probably want a static system and transfer pure in to my van. Should I go for something like this

New 300 GPD RO System

Or this

WaterGenie ULP Membrane Housing Package 4021 SPECIAL OFFER

Or this

WaterGenie ULP Membrane Housing Package 4040

What's the pros and cons between them? Or open to other suggestions

I'm on a water metre so rejection rate is probably a consideration as well.

Thanks in advance

Vyair do pump ro units at very competitive cost and fantastic service - cannot recommend them enough. I have an200gpd system from them and it makes the 350 l I use a day in a few hours. (The pump makes it produce a lot quicker)

Really appreciate some advice on the different types of RO units available. Im planning to go full time on the glass within the next 12 months so need a fair size capacity and don't want to buy twice. I would probably want a static system and transfer pure in to my van. Should I go for something like thisNew 300 GPD RO System

Or this

WaterGenie ULP Membrane Housing Package 4021 SPECIAL OFFER

Or this

WaterGenie ULP Membrane Housing Package 4040

What's the pros and cons between them? Or open to other suggestions

I'm on a water metre so rejection rate is probably a consideration as well.

Thanks in advance
IMHO a 300GPD r/o is the entry level r/o for window cleaners. You will need to process water into an IBC tank with some sort of shut off that will switch the system off when the IBC tank is full - say at 4am when you are asleep.

We found we could just manage with 2 of us with a 450GPD. We had to fill vans over the weekend and 'ration' water toward the end of the week. During winter that r/o ran for most of the time.

The 4021 and 4040 are just a membrane housing and membrane. They don't include prefilters so I'm not sure why they are selling them like that.

A 4021 system will be more than enough for a single operator's requirements, but a 4040 doesn't cost that much more. If in the future you need to upgrade your 4021 you could just add another housing and membrane. But further down the line replacing 2 x 4021 membranes are much more expensive than a single 4040 membrane.

We have an unboosted 4040 now. Our water pressure is 50psi and using an HF5 membrane we get 2 LPM pure with a waste to pure ratio of 1 to 1. Our tap water tds at the moment is 96 but will be as high as 125. If your tds is higher than ours then you need to have a higher waste to pure ratio.

I have heard of many cleaners who are tight on waste knowing that this will adversely impact on the longevity of their membrane. For them it's a balancing act between longevity of the membrane and cost of water.

If you have a very high tap water tds, then you need to consider a water softener. A water softener removes the calcium and magnesium ions in the water and replaces them with sodium ions. So the tds meter will still record the same tds. But sodium ions are much more gentle on r/o membranes.

Latest Posts

Back