Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How would you clean this?

Neil

I need to clear the gutter and clean the glass what do you think will be the best and safest way to do it ?

65bc788db1b82ed9f0199c004b717984.jpg
424ae5175db05ac83b2453da9e40f194.jpg
d4742fee1716e316f767ccb9a3d991cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The safest way would be to erect a small mobile scaffold tower, these are available from most local tool hire places.

It will obviously push up the price of the job but just add it onto the quotation as 'Scaffold Tower Hire'

I have found with quotes of late I am getting more of the jobs where correct H&S is followed even if it pushes the price up overall.

The safest way would be to erect a small mobile scaffold tower, these are available from most local tool hire places.It will obviously push up the price of the job but just add it onto the quotation as 'Scaffold Tower Hire'

I have found with quotes of late I am getting more of the jobs where correct H&S is followed even if it pushes the price up overall.
Then once your quote is accepted, get there early one morn and do the job while wobbling about on your ladder before any office staff r about then pocket the scaffold tower money /emoticons/biggrin.png

Ally tower is extremely easy to erect also

I used to have my tickets to erect that stuff but as far as i know you don't need any paperwork to do it for yourself

I would go with that unless you can think of another safe way

That's what I'm thinking there must be another way I've got to clear the gully as well I between the glass how would you do that? This ones a tricky one [emoji57]

Glass will be easy to clean off a tower but the gully will be hard

Can you not use an old brush to brush/wash all the bits to one end of the gulley so you can take it out fron one end with a ladder??

Just an idea but not sure if it would work..

@daveyboy1 will agree this ones a steal if it stays cheap enough

And I do not believe you do need tickets to erect your own mobile scaffold.

Well handy for this sort of job, gutter repairs and cleaning even as a platform for roof cleaning.

Can you not use an old brush to brush/wash all the bits to one end of the gulley so you can take it out fron one end with a ladder??Just an idea but not sure if it would work..
Ts what I was thinking daveyboy hope your well mate [emoji106]

I'm sure you need PASMA to erect any sort of tower I was going to do it but didn't in the end I just did IPAF

I will ask and see what the company's say [emoji106]

That is a good price

@Neil my old ladders with the ankalad can be set up like steps so the ladder doesn't actually put any weight on the glass thinking about it

Set them up almost touching the glass with some padding like pipe lagging type stuff cable tied on so that touches the glass

I reckon that would be perfect

I trimmed a tree using them like that and not actually touching the tree

As long as you don't stand too high up like feet above the first section there will be no weight on the glass

But working off a ladder piling the glass would this be safe and allowed?

whatever you end up doing just be aware it looks like theres cctv recording your every move!

Back