Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Water Fed Pole Ideas.

James

I'm looking at buying 2-3 new WFP as my aluminium one's are getting slightly old now. I was thinking maybe either a Hybrid or Carbon Fibre.

I'm liking the look of the NTEC Carbon Fibre 30 ft & The Reach-iT Mini. Anyone had one of these?

These are a must!
It must be 3 storey height (apart from the mini) and as light as possible but sturdy at the same time!

Any suggestions? What are your fave poles?

Cheers,

James.

rule of thumb for poles at the mo is gardiners. clx 27 for 180 quid, that's my next pole, or for just over 400, the slx 30. barely anyone has a complaint against these. wish i could get on the bandwagon sooner!

I have a clx 27, also got an extra butt cap 18 ft size, so I can use it as either. Top pole. /emoticons/biggrin.png

i have to agree with the lads clx is great value and if you have the work the slx lighter again these poles are sold as far as australia and the states so i think this confirms how good they are also their customer service is excellent

Yep gardiners are great mate. I'm getting new pole soon. Going to be the full carbon slx. Hear great things about the clx tho too. But I use one pole for alot of my work, so gonna invest & get the slx. Makes a difference on a pole im using all day every day.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/catalogbody.html
Cheers bud, looking at them now, I see what you all mean. They are reasonably priced and looking at the vids on youtube, looks like everyone loves them judging by the comments!

Cheers,

James.

Yep gardiners are great mate. I'm getting new pole soon. Going to be the full carbon slx. Hear great things about the clx tho too. But I use one pole for alot of my work, so gonna invest & get the slx. Makes a difference on a pole im using all day every day.

Cheers bud, looking at them now, I see what you all mean. They are reasonably priced and looking at the vids on youtube, looks like everyone loves them judging by the comments!

Cheers,

James.
I was debating whether slx or clx, as there's not a great weight difference, but slx is double the price. But it comes down to rigidity. When fully extended & the weight is at end of the pole, a bendy pole feels a lot heavier than a rigid one.

I have gardiner's dual trim brush too, it's so good to use! Great with new swivel resi-neck.

GARDINERS ALL THE WAY - just depends what you can afford. SLX if you can afford it worth every penny

Cheers,

James.
I was debating whether slx or clx, as there's not a great weight difference, but slx is double the price. But it comes down to rigidity. When fully extended & the weight is at end of the pole, a bendy pole feels a lot heavier than a rigid one.

I have gardiner's dual trim brush too, it's so good to use! Great with new swivel resi-neck.
I was also looking at this brush head too windyman, it looks awesome. The resi-neck swivel is on my list to buy as well.

GARDINERS ALL THE WAY - just depends what you can afford. SLX if you can afford it worth every penny
Cheers for your opinion Matty!

I'm looking at both ranges on their website. Its a toss up between the Reach-iT mini or a CLX hmmmmm.

James.

Cheers,

James.

I was also looking at this brush head too windyman, it looks awesome. The resi-neck swivel is on my list to buy as well.

Cheers for your opinion Matty!

I'm looking at both ranges on their website. Its a toss up between the Reach-iT mini or a CLX hmmmmm.

James.
Don't but a reach it mini. You'll live to regret it :)

You won't regret a gardiners. Customer service great too. The medium dual trim is lovely to work with. I always used a vikan, but this is another world. The outer bristles melt onto glass & the inner bristles are stiffer so harder scrubbing really works the dirt off.

Thinking about it Gav, I'm gonna email Alex from Gardiner pole systems & tell him about the forum. He's on another forum I use & his posts are helpful when someone has a question about his products. Nice chap.

You won't regret a gardiners. Customer service great too. The medium dual trim is lovely to work with. I always used a vikan, but this is another world. The outer bristles melt onto glass & the inner bristles are stiffer so harder scrubbing really works the dirt off.

Thinking about it Gav, I'm gonna email Alex from Gardiner pole systems & tell him about the forum. He's on another forum I use & his posts are helpful when someone has a question about his products. Nice chap.
Cheers for this info buddy, I'm ringing them on Monday. Thanks for all your advice guys.

James.

Cheers for this info buddy, I'm ringing them on Monday. Thanks for all your advice guys.

James.
When I started out I bought an Ionic system (don't get me wrong they are good - albeit expensive, but they should stick to the systems as their poles are overpriced and don't come close to Gardiners) - but when I needed to replace a pole I bought a Gardiners upon recommendation. Never looked back - now own a Supermax 47C / CLX 22 with dual trim.

Had a Grafter 21 - Swear word!. Glyder 30 is ok very sturdy but not light - still use this for 3 storeys etc,,,,,

Oh how I love forums /emoticons/tongue.png

Yeah I have to agree with what Jeremy has said. I'm still in the 'browsing' stages at the moment, the clear vue poles look very tidy but then people are saying on here that the gardiner poles are the best?

James.

Theres plenty of room for some choice. Plus surely having 1 pole to do all your work from ground to four stories would be cheaper in the long run than buying a 18ft, 25ft, 36ft, 42ft, and then if you get bigger work having to buy another pole ie a 60ft or 72ft. Thats a lot of poles, someone's making a lot of money.

your right mate but i think at first your up against reliability. people know how quickly gardiners sort out any problems & get stuff sent out & thats massive

about poles your bang on i use a clx 27, but for some of my domestic its mebbe a foot too short

its pointless getting a 35 at the price so i'm thinking of an extreme 48 & adding sections as i can or a modular pole either way its over a grand which i'd have to borrow so i'd go for a firm i already know & trust, but a pole that would get me too 60ft & that i could use on every day stuff yeh dead interesting, mebbe you could offer finance. i wish you luck any road

Theres plenty of room for some choice. Plus surely having 1 pole to do all your work from ground to four stories would be cheaper in the long run than buying a 18ft, 25ft, 36ft, 42ft, and then if you get bigger work having to buy another pole ie a 60ft or 72ft. Thats a lot of poles, someone's making a lot of money.

your right mate but i think at first your up against reliability. people know how quickly gardiners sort out any problems & get stuff sent out & thats massive

about poles your bang on i use a clx 27, but for some of my domestic its mebbe a foot too short

its pointless getting a 35 at the price so i'm thinking of an extreme 48 & adding sections as i can or a modular pole either way its over a grand which i'd have to borrow so i'd go for a firm i already know & trust, but a pole that would get me too 60ft & that i could use on every day stuff yeh dead interesting, mebbe you could offer finance. i wish you luck any road
Cheers for your info Simon and I have to agree with the points your making. From what ALOT of people are saying Gardiners customer service is excellent.

James.

Back