Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long to purify water & other newbie questions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Barry Williamson

Hello all, first time post but have been learning a lot on the forum about setting up my WFP business (having been made redundant and looking to start something new).  

I'm in a rented terraced house in Macclesfield with minimal storage so a static tank to purify into is unlikely to work - all purifying would need to happen in a van.  I'm setting up as a one man operation, so think a 350-400l tank would be reasonable size for me to start with.

Questions!

1. Out the kitchen tap, I'm getting between 60-80 ppm; would a single DI system be sufficient to reduce this to zero, our would a double-DI or RO system be a better option?  I don't know the water pressure.
  2. I am going to have to run a pipe from the house to the van so how long realistically could it take to purify 350l using RO (assume DI does it as the water is pumped to the pole).  If DI is enough, how long would it take on average to fill a 350l tank.  I don't want to have to leave a pipe out to the street for hours each night into the van, but as I cant have a static tank I don't know what other option there could be.  
  3. There seem to be a lot of all-in-one purifying systems for sale versus various DIY options, but I'm just looking for what would be the easiest to set up (and won't break the bank) - anyone got any feedback on any of the all-in-one systems, like X-Line, Brodex or Facelift system (Window Cleaning Warehouse), or the Pure Freedom DIY etc.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Barry

Last edited by a moderator:
With your water reading 60 to 80 ppm from the tsp you will only need the di vessel only connect to tap through vessel and into the tank , I have a 650L system di only and it takes 45 mins to fill it

Back