New window cleaners...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Damo, Mar 20, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Damo

Damo Guru

Never seen so many new startups in such a short period of time. They are all 90-95% wfp.

I am lucky i am basically full and just trimming poop out of my rounds.

Seen another i dunno 5/6/7 new starters this week and this weekend.

I can see the whole "this is my patch" mentality coming back !

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Couldn't agree more, I've seen half a dozen in last few weeks round here as well

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Lol. I been on one we estate 2 years since opened and do 47 from 50

This guy comes up says it his patch and he does most houses in here lol
    There is wfp gus in my area doing any house for 2.50

4. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

I have said this a couple of times on here.
    I don't do a lot of residential and it's something I don't take on any more.
    But the amount starting up is astounding in my area.

These days every one that's got a bit of redundancy or hates there job seems to want to get into it.

Years ago the window cleaners I knew that were doing well for themselves really played it down and it wasn't a job you choose to do you just fell in to it.
    Now every one wants to do it because
    It is fairly cheap to start up.
    It is fairly easy skill to learn.
    And the money is ok.
    I meet window cleaners I don,t even know when out and about,they love to tell me how much work they have how much they earn it's bizarre no other trade is like it no wonder so many start up.

People need to realise Are industry is based on supply and demand to many window cleaners slows down growth and demand.
    But one off the main is a lot of new starters or the ones that need the work can have habit of bringing the price down when there all competing for the same work.

But we all have to start sum where I suppose and I too was once new to this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. monkeyman

monkeyman Well-Known Member

A lot of guys don't stick at it for long. People think it's an easy job. It's graft if you take it seriously. Getting a good round and a good name is hard work. Not taking days off when you can't be arsed, its to tempting for some it's to Cold it's to hot etc etc. Then there's all the guys that just want beer money. Look smart and have high standards your on a winner.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

They come and go
    Window cleaning is a love/hate job and hard graft not to mention the winter killing most fair weather Windies off
    There is so much work out there even if there was 1000 neebies it wouldn't make a difference
    It takes years to build a good round with decent customers and clients reltionship
    I never get worried when new windie starts up infact I helped one out on and he even came on here but he's long gone now!!!

7. TolishAPurd

I couldnt agree more. And the early days are rough with all the running about. I bet most dont last two months.

8. Markyboy 50

I rarely see any new ones about. I just do me jobs and get home ASAPASAP

9. Damo

Damo Guru

These are all sign written vans,new Wfp setups and obviously researched the trade.

Well from what I have seen. They all seem to be up and running out of nowhere.

Time will tell :)

10. TolishAPurd

Yep, as you know yourself, the easy (and fun) part is the buying the gear. The hard part is getting and keeping good customers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Advertisement