Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many use/like the recent activity and profile posts sidebox?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Hi all just doing a little check over the site and wonder how many use/like the below features

• the recent activity box on sidebar
  • profile posts on sidebar
  • Featured threads box at top on main page of forum
  • Media gallery preview box at top of main page

With the featured post box and media gallery preview box i was thinking of replacing it with a new box that shows more threads from around the site. (you can see what this new box looks like at the bottom of any thread on the site.)

If they are not used that often i would like to remove/replace some however if they are used and you want them kept there i will keep them there. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Never use them Gav.

Just recent posts.

Is it time for the tinker man to strike again /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

Literally the only button I've ever used is the 'recent posts' tab at the top of my mobile page, never once used the forum on a computer so no idea what it looks like on desktop...

I think it's all brilliant how it is gav :thumbsup:

Never use them Gav.
Just recent posts.

Is it time for the tinker man to strike again /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png
Ha ha no not tinkering hugely, just those few things impact on page loading times and if not really used that much then just as well remove and improve slightly on the user experience as a whole. /emoticons/wink.png No point having stuff there if its not often used really.

Literally the only button I've ever used is the 'recent posts' tab at the top of my mobile page, never once used the forum on a computer so no idea what it looks like on desktop...
I think it's all brilliant how it is gav :thumbsup:
Yeah i think most people's main priority is new posts and recent post links.

carnt seem to get the smilies up when posting any help.they disappear when I post reply

I'm on tapatalk usually when I'm on gav and always on timeline so guess it would be latest posts or most recent.

hey steve!!worked it out & have tried it not long ago.just go on to more options on the right to post a reply & use the smilies.it works try it.as apposed to using post reply.

Gav, we've spoke about this before...stop it.
Ha don't freak tolish. If they are used no probs but if they are not then surley betting to get better page loading speeds for the site. /emoticons/wink.png

Ha don't freak tolish. If they are used no probs but if they are not then surley betting to get better page loading speeds for the site. /emoticons/wink.png
Only messing gav. I use all the things mentioned except not interested in the profile posts box.

Wind up. To be honest not bothered either way really just good to know what's used and what's not as no point having stuff if its not used.

Back