Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning A Glass Roof Without Pure Water?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paulio

Hey guys.

With help from a few guys on the site I have made my own diy wfp for a plastic conny roof job coming up.

But I have also been asked to clean a BIG glass conny roof, now i don't have access to pure water so is it worth me taking the job on and saying it wont be 100% or will the results be so bad its not worth the customers time/money?

As always appreciate any info.

Paul.

I would only use pure water for a glass con roof, also use a absorbant monofilament/bristle brush - Boars Hair brush, if not a Nylon filament brush, don’t bother with low absorbant filament brush, Polyester filament etc, you will be there much longer and you still, may not be able to clean it.

Richard

If you have no other option mate clean it with tap water to get the main **** off the use a aplicator and squeegee on a pole

Thanks for the reply guys.

I normally would trad it but this particular conservatory has access issue as its built right up against another conservatory both sides so can't get at it properly with an applicator and squeegee.

Looks like pure water only then mate if you can't make your own go to a aquarium they usually sell it, they do here anyways

I tell my custies exactly that. I can do it but it's only tap water but it gets all the grime and birds poo off ect. For this reason I don't charge very much maybe a tenner for an average one and most of them have taken me up on it. I also tell them that it may dry with a few smears but it will be 75./' better then it is now. After that it's there choice & 95./' are happy with that. After a week or so you can guarantee a bird a come along & s@@t on it & they get dusty quite quickly just like a skylarks.

Before I went wfp I use to just use tap water, never had any complaints. If it is bad, they will sell things alot better and although there may be a few spots, they should be happy

A tenner to clean a conny roof ????? jeez buddy your robbing yourself .

regardless of what ever method your using it should be a hell of a lot more .

Where are you based?

I'm sure if someone on here lived near you they could provide you with some water?

Yea I'm sure they would masons.

Just wondered in general if using tap water was a viable option as I can't really afford to turn down the work, but I also don't want to charge for a service that ain't satisfactory.

Back