new work

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by mark, Mar 31, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark

mark Forum Addict

how do you guys respond IF someone askes you to clean windows out of your catchment area??I mean miles out,just for one customer!!do you clean it and canvass around the area to make it more beneficial for yourself or leave it?

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

When you first start, everything is out of your area, so it's worth taking on just to see where it leads. I took on a customer in the very early days- an 8£ job 25 mins drive away through crappy traffic. It's now become my best round. Very compact and some of the best customers I have. Now my round is nicely established I would never deviate from what I have. I had someone message the other day from out of my catchment and I just did what I always do- just politely decline, and if I know of someone in the area I pass it to them.

3. mark

mark Forum Addict

well done tolish your hard work has been rewarded:thumbsup:[​IMG]umm food for thought

4. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Agree with tolish. If you really need the work then yes.
    I had a jogger stop today and ask me would I start to clean his windows. He told me where he lived, and when I declined, his response was "but its only a ten minute drive from here". To which I responded"that's ten minutes I could be cleaning a house in this road".
    I think once your rammo, you should only take on work that's right where your working I.m.o. Last year my van done under 5000 miles, not showing off, just saying once busy, keep the round compact

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Agree Steve
    Good customer lives off the beaten track ringing me asking me to go clean this week but it's not due and I'm behind on the town work - she doesn't get that while I pack up and drive 10 minutes and set up that's two £10 houses I could have done in town

6. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Also if we all pass on work where applicable then we all have tight rounds
    Hate when a cleaner starts doing one house on my street you just think why bother

7. albootyerbaws

albootyerbaws Well-Known Member

1 customer defo leave it & say its to far out my way.

8. Dave85

Dave85 Member

I reluctantly went to do a quote in a village out of my erea and gave the quote then spent 15 minutes canvassing the houses next door etc and ended up with 6 new customers all in decent sized houses all of which are due to be cleaned again tomorow. So if you are still building a round I would always be willing to travel that little bit further. :)

9. albootyerbaws

albootyerbaws Well-Known Member

giphy.gif when asked to do one house 30 miles away.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Poles Apart

I leaflet whilst there.

Advertisement