newbee help!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by seanryan, May 25, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. seanryan

seanryan Newcomer

Hi guys
    I have been offered a local window cleaning round off an old man that is retiring, I have no idea how to clean a window but he says he will show me the ropes.
    Can I really make a decent living doing it? I hate my job but I have a family to support and have to make some good money.
    The man offering me the round is using traditional equipment 'ladder/squidgy' could I up the game and start using more modern equipment?
    help me out guys im in a dilemma and any help will be welcomed

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

You can make a very good living from it but need to make sure it is kosher first
    Maybe go out with him for a day and see some customers and suss it out a bit

3. Yes. A big freakin yes .

4. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

I think you might of had a good day. :thumbsup:

5. Alien Human

Welcome mate.

Simple answer is yes - and if it's a trad round then a great opportunity to learn the rubbers and then progress into buying some water fed poles, system etc

Didn't know Smurf was retiring :whistle:

.....that round must be costing millions ££££££ :oldy:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Sorry forgot my manners welcome to the party bud , check the round is ok , you'll love working for yourself, brilliant feeling , the future in your own hands . You'll have to weed out the horrible people that don't pay ,,, apart from that it's great

7. seanryan

seanryan Newcomer

Thx for the comments gents I appreciate it :)
    It's a good round and the guy is a nice old soul, I think I can get some extra business also cuz I'm quite good at door to door sales, I've noticed people selling second hand window cleaning cans filled with gear, shall I invest or use a traditional squidge/ladder?

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I would get ladders some trad gear and a harris pole from b&q and an optiloc cone for the end of it
    Will be enough to get you out earning

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

go for it or you will regret it.

10. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

This is exactly what happened to me almost two years ago. A retiring window cleaner had one of his rounds in the next village up the road from me and let me have it. The prices were very low when I took over and some needed doubling. With a bit of local advertising and door knocking plus people approaching me when out cleaning the round grows without too much effort and if you try to do a perfect job you shouldn't lose many. Can be a good earner as well, I make double my hourly rate I get for my full time job. Good luck and go for it, best thing I ever done and you will find good advice and support on this site.

Advertisement