Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Decking Ladder Stay Gadget

SPCleaning

Can some one tell me what the gadget is called that you can slide between the decking boards to prevent your ladder slipping. I need to get one soonest.

Many thanks

Is it one of those things I've shown in the picture trod down in the lawn? Not sure what they're called, I can take a look in the morning.

Thanks @Danfire, I'm not sure what they are called either. I have a 'Ladder Stopper' which gets used from time to time on concrete etc but is not suitable on decking. I imagined it just slips between the boards and the ladder rests against it.

Those aluminium things on the picture that are spiked in behind the rubber stopper are designed to for decking or lawns. I use them when the deckings wet.

Or just use an ankalad fitted on your ladder instead....much easier and safer than messing around with add on bits that may or may not work.

I have done jobs on slippery decking safely where you could not use those bracket things. Yes the do lay decking not just width ways to the house but also long ways and even diagonal too.

Not only that on peculiar (p ) shaped conservatories etc that you need to set the ladder at a different position to the gaps in the decking

Mind you I just used a microlite standoff resting it on a conservatory plastic roof before on slippery decking. Not ideal as the panel could break but it that also works if the ladder is set at the correct angle.

Ladder spurs are also good to use at the bottom of the ladder but I prefer to use the ankalad on higher stuff.

Ankalad looks great, if I was doing lots of gutters and tall connie roofs I would get one. Probably over 95% of my work is trad window cleaning and it looks like a bit of a ball ache to keep moving around.

Excuse my ignorance, never see ladder spikes in action. How do they work on paving slabs. When you're moving around on decking do they never scratch or put dents in the the boards?

Excuse my ignorance, never see ladder spikes in action. How do they work on paving slabs. When you're moving around on decking do they never scratch or put dents in the the boards?
spikes grip in the smallest of crack/groove. such as the mortar line between slabs. And if i put them on the centre of a slab they still grip very well. spikes dont mark surfaces because the edge isnt razor sharp,its more like a blunt chisel.

Back