Newbie and I have found this trolley system

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Daniel79, Mar 20, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Daniel79

Daniel79 Newcomer

Hi all,

Another annoying new member post. I ave set up a business with my father in law currently using a gutter vacuum. Some business has come in and all repeat for next year. We now want to go water fed pole to boost the initial business and pick up additional gutter work.

I have found this system, the chap sells them via ebay:
    SureFlo Reverse Osmosis Waterfed Window Cleaning Trolley System (£5 Deposit)

The upside to this system is the ability to load non-pure water on and it filters on the way out. it uses a four stage filter. Having messaged he chap last week the water gets to below 6 but not down to zero.

firstly do you think the set up, pumps etc is good? secondly would you advise a final resin stage add on or will it be sufficient?

thanks so much.

Advertisement
  2. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

Be very wary Daniel. If you were told that you can load tap water on that and it will filter it as you use it then the person who told you that doesn't know what he is talking about. You would never get water through that RO unit fast enough to clean windows with. £5 to put your name on a list? Sounds like a scam.

3. Daniel79

Daniel79 Newcomer

Hey thanks ... Funny enough after I posted this I looked at the eBay item again and thought mmmmm. Before this he hadn't listed the £5 listing fee thing . Although he was very quick to respond last week . I did wonder about the flow out of the system ....

4. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

If the water in your area has a low enough TDS reading there are trolleys that filter it fast enough using de-ionised resin only. My Brother in law uses one. Where he lives in North Wales it comes out of the tap at just .036ppm. Where I am it's .400 so I need the full works.

5. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Looks very well built
    Not sure I understand the £5 ??
    I don't think trolleys are the best way - van mount or back pack is best imo

6. gto

gto Active Member

the bottom part is an off the shelf pump box, with the controller moved to the handle bar. you can get them for about £150.

i had a trolley it lasted 1 week, before a van mount system was put in.

7. Daniel79

Daniel79 Newcomer

Having re read this , I'm not sure it is a scam . The original eBay post a week or so ago made no mention of the £5. It would appear that they are selling a few and the £5 is to in effect have one allocated to you on a list . Also there is an option for cash on collection . Plus his tel number is listed . It would seem a lot of effort to make an odd fiver.

Therefore is it technically possible to pass tap water through ? Unsure on my water here but in the south east and suspect I'm over £300 . Would it be possible to pass the water through this system and then between the last filter and the brush install a resin vessel ?

8. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#8 spruce, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016

Have a look on his feedback. He has sold 3 items (not wfp related) and has negative feedback on one of them.

The components look good but firstly that battery indicates to me that he hasn't a clue. Its far too small for a Shurflo pump which draws 4.5 amps an hour. There is no way that the r/o he has fitted will produce enough pure to wash and rinse windows. A 4040 is a minimum requirement. Unit will have to be plugged into a customer's water tap.
    Looks like a none starter in my books tbh.

His is trying to copy the Brodex Portapower unit.

See the bigger battery Brodex uses and the pump has a bigger flow as well.

Disclaimer: I don't recommend Brodex for any equipment.

9. Poles Apart

Trolleys are old hat now very expensive unless you self build get van mount or backpack.

10. Daniel79

Daniel79 Newcomer

Hey thanks for the feedback people . I think we will go back pack (was my original thought ). And get an R O system at home and tank . Will keep you posted .

Really really appreciated .

Advertisement