Newbie from down south, hi to all.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Scottie, Aug 25, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Scottie

Scottie Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Glad I have found this site and can hopefully talk to some window cleaners whom can give solid advice.

In short I have worked office work and marketing al my life so far and its just killing me, so much so after a horrid incident in 2013 I am recovering mentally and I now want to do a job I am happy in and work for myself and lose the pressure. I am happy again for the first time knowing if i can make this work I am free from a lot of demons.

So here I am just about to embark on a Gardening and window cleaning role. I have done my business plans and marketing but I hoped I could steal some experience form this froum and you guys if that is ok.

People alwasy seem to scare yo and say "you need this you need that and window cleaning wont work or gardening. I have a clear passion for this to work so sod them.

I just want to know if there is a breakdown on here of what you need to have to be legal as a business/sole trader in window cleaning.

I will inform HMRC
    I am getting public liability insurance and have a quote for gardening and windows.

Is there anyhting else I need to do to make it all legal, I can not think of anything else? people tell me waste for window cleaning is a big deal, whats the score with this? If there is anything else I need to do please could you let me no.

Thank you in advance and nice to meet you.
    Scottie

Advertisement
  2. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

A bit of lack...good lack

3. norm

norm Grand Master

welcome Scottie and good luck on your new venture

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

ignore friends and family members who give "helpful" advice,its no good

but listening to this forums advice is very worth your while .

dont delay starting is a tip i swear by . the legal side of starting up should follow on soon after you have started ,but not before

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Welcome fella
    You can't go wrong just getting out there and cracking on with it and between us you shouldn't have any problems we can't help with
    Just ask c-through we helped him with lots of advice..lol

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

But boar is right don't listen to the nay sayers as they are not talking from experience just their own opinions

7. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Where are you based Scottie?

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi & welcome Scottie :thumbsup:

9. Scottie

Scottie Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, what a kool forum and helpful. Your right I need to crack on with it, I think I worry to much that I am doing things right and not going to fall foul of the law, plus so many people have tried to say no this **** dont do it, but looking at figures I can earn more than i did in the office if it works out that is, I am not looking to earn a fourtune, but mainly for once to do somthing I will feel happy in and not have to live my life in hell anymore, just pleaseing people I am in a safe office job, when all its done is ruiend my life really. I am an outside guy, so this forum has already given me a boost, form the positive vibes.

They all say it wont work, was beliving them, i just hope I dont look a fool and it fails, then I really am in the sh*t.

SPCLEANING - I will be working south essex and north kent only, gardening and window cleaning.

Thanks guys, much respect, already learning much info form you all.

10. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Good luck to you Scottie. I love doing what I do and wouldn't return to being employed. I too was told it was a bad move by my last bosses, (They tried hard to talk me out of resigning). They just didn't know that I was just returning to where I started with my father in 1988.

Advertisement