Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keep your brush clean…

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Richard

Artificial filaments can hold onto road grime, which can be oily.

This can be one cause of spotting, but it also takes longer to clean with a soiled brush, costing time and money.

Richard

Yup true. +1

Any tips on how to keep the brush clean Richard? Any products out there to help clean them?

James.

James, you might want to use mild soap/detergents; if you think it needs washing because of contamination with excessive oily road grime or grease you should clean the brush as soon as possible. The use of any solvents is up to you; depending on the type of brush and the level of damage to the filaments/bristles it may be better to replace the brush stock only, all the other brush parts can be re-used many times over.

Usually though I remove the brush from the pole give it a through rinse with pure water wipe it over including the filaments then let it completely air dry for a few days (or sometimes weeks in my case). Once its bone dry I remove any build up of grime at the base then clean the brush and rinse well with pure.

You can test the brush by holding it in your hand and go over clean pane of glass, (don’t rinse) check the results when it’s dry.

The Aerial brushes can last many years and can come up almost like new, scuffs marks aside. Even so filaments do wear and once a brush has lost it edge - by that I mean its ability to maintain its cleaning speed; it is more practical to replace the stock.

Richard

Good info Richard! The vikan brush I used today has quite abit of 'grease' on it. I'll try doing what you recommended here.

James.

Jamie is right, Mark, most have done videos about all the other wfp equipment – the brush is important and it is at the business end of the cleaning system, well done.

Richard

Very true the brush is very important, and we like your videos so please keep them coming.

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

Back