Newbie needing advice

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Specki4i, Feb 15, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Specki4i

Specki4i Newcomer

Hi all,

Just started to trad window clean as I was asked to do for domestic window clean for a client I do end of Tenacy cleans for.

So I have a unger ergo tec 10 inch and 6 inch and bucket, boab,scraper, ettore porcupine which I use for domestic windows, don't mean to sound stupid but the screws on the squeege handle is this for the angle of the channel?

And if so what sort of angle should it be?

Another client has asked me to to do there shop , 4 windows about 2m x 2m inside and out , this is my first commercial to be done this Thursday, what size of squeege would I require and how do you do the inside of shop without getting water everywhere

Have only been going a few weeks so still learning and any help would be much appreciated

Speck4i

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

I'm pretty sure the screws on the ergotec are just to hold the channel in place. I've picked one up to have a look at it before, but didn't study it, so I can't be definate about that. From what I remember, it just clips to the channel from undernieth.

I can't give an exact angle for you other then 'not too much', and 'not too little'. You really just need to get a feel for it by practicing.

Size of squeegee is a personal thing, and dependant on the size of window, and even the conditions. I use a 16in as my main squeegee, and that handles every window I need it to. But if I was doing shop fronts on a regular basis I would probably opt for and 18 or maybe even a 20in.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

When doing insides use your applicator to catch the water as you squeegee, ie mirror what you are blading with your applicator.

4. Posh

Posh Hero

Or you can throw a big towel down to stop the water.

I use a 10 inch for everything as I love it. Tried a 18 inch once & couldn't get on with it. (No rude comments please)

5. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

It ain't what ya got, it's how ya use it lol

6. norm

norm Grand Master

hey Specki4i doent worry about the screws on ya ergo as TolishAPurd says as long as they are tight
    your channel slides in and out when ya press down on the metal near the handle so you can buy longer or shorter channel and use same handle
    size is personal choice I use 14 inch as my main 6 inch small windows and 18 inch for larger and waiting 22 inch from wintecs to give it a go whatever works for ya
    Posh idea big towel sounds the business

Advertisement