Newbie on a mission

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by KPFM, Jan 5, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. KPFM

KPFM Newcomer

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I'm new to window cleaning. Just waiting to take delivery of my last couple of bits of equipment so as of tomorrow, I'm canvassing, flyering and facebooking on a mission to hit my first goal; jobs to the value of £1000 per month within 10 weeks.
    Hopefully by making this public to you lot and knowing you're watching my progress, it'll give me sufficient motivation to get out there and get it done so as not to look silly by failing :rofl:.
    Anyway I'm off to practice my technique a bit more..

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

hi and welcome kpfm:D
    good luck with your mission and keep us all informed....ahhhhh the energy off youth i still remember that...

3. TolishAPurd

I'd say thats a tough but achievable goal. Its a good time of year to get started with spring just around the corner. Good luck fella.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Welcome fella
    Keep that attitude and you will be fine
    It's all about mental attitude in this game
    Let yourself get demoralised and it will affect how you canvass etc
    If you have a shite day screw it tomorrow will be different

the world is your lobster rodney

5. KPFM

KPFM Newcomer

Cheers gents. Anyway, first day was terrible, rained off and then I decided to knock a full cuppa onto my 2 month old laptop :(.
    Today was better, got a little bit of canvassing done, three small houses and a hair salon's window on my books now totalling £34 a month. It's a start.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sorry to hear about your laptop...You're not related to frank, fred and cheapncheerful are you?

Regarding picking up work we all have to start somewhere so well done to you...:thumbsup:

7. Keep chipping away amigo. I'm on a roll, 15 new customers this week from door knocking and it's only Wednesday! Sometimes you get sod all though....,

Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. KieMan

KieMan Member

HI KPFM, keep at it we have all been there, i found the best investment i did was with yell.com for £18 per month i come up top 3 in 5 local areas and get around 10-20 enquires per month so rate of return is very could to out lay, i found much more succesful then flyers etc, but nothing will beat persistence and a lot of door knocking, plus once you get a few on board if you do a good job thats how the word of mouth spreads...good luck pal

9. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

Hi KPFM,

Good luck with starting the business! :)

10. well clean

well clean Newcomer

Hows the canvassing going kpfm??

Advertisement