Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another equipment advice thread, sorry...

Bernard

I bought a house a few years ago and it has a very large block paved area front and back. Every year, at least once, both me and my girlfriend are out scrubbing them with those metal brushes. Its a good few days work. I feel like like Sisyphus knowing that it's a hard fruitless labour. I've watched my neighbour with his electric pressure washer and he is no quicker than us, though he looks to have an easier job of it.

I've been reading this forum for the past couple of days and have the idea of spending a decent bit of cash and buying myself some good quality equipment. When the time comes again I'll be able to single handedly lash my place off in a few hours. Also I'd be able to offer up my services to neighbours, friends locals that will hopefully get me some casual weekend work to recoup my outlay.

I have around £1,200 - £1,500 to spare. Jetmac seem to offer good equipment at reasonable prices. I've been looking at these two -

Loncin Petrol cool drive, 3000psi, 21lpm £995

Honda GX390 3000psi, 21lpm, £1295

It seems the extra is for the more reputable Honda engine. Whether it is worth the extra I've no idea. Is there anything I need to think about that a person in my position would likely miss?

I'm thinking I'm also going to need.

Garden Hose/fittings

Turbo Nozzle

Buffer Tank/Wheelie Bin

Extra Hose (Another 20m?)

Brushes to resand

What other essentials am I missing?

Would a Rotary Surface Cleaner be something I'd find indispensable or a luxury that is maybe something to think about further down the line?

Any and all advice would be great...

Go with the Loncin, as your not going to be a heavy user, it will last years and years and years...

That's one heck of a powerful machine for just home use though mate! I never use mine at home, but if I wasn't offering pressure washing as a service, I'd go for a much lighter and smaller one, perhaps the 12lpm Loncin instead - still very powerful, but much easier to cart about and store etc

Personally wouldn't bother with flat surface cleaner, unless your gonna be doing a lot of jobs, even then, I never use mine, turbo nozzle is the best

Initially just home use mate, getting to know the the equipment and work. Offer this service around the area and eventually, hopefully, getting a steady flow, if only occasional work for some extra cash.

Well that's the plan anyway.

Back