Newbie saying hi and asking for advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by grant mc, Jan 25, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. grant mc

grant mc Newcomer

hi to everyone on this wonderful forum.
    i am planning on starting a wfp window cleaning business that will also offer driveway, UPVC and gutter cleaning too.
    the plan is to buy a van and all equipment needed and to go door knocking and leafleting on weekends as im in full time work at the moment.
    i know it will be far from easy but i am determined to succeed and just wondered if anybody had any useful advice/tips that may help me whether it be on choosing equipment, marketing ideas or anything else?
    i will have a professional website, vehicle, leaflets and uniform.

i am currently researching and want to make sure i give myself the best chance possible.

the reason i have chosen to do both windows and drives ect is so i can offer more services and hopefully be in a position to go full time sooner rather than later.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers, grant

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi & welcome

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Welcome fella

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

heya

5. andy w

andy w Well-Known Member

Hello there :thumbsup:

6. ...........yo.

7. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Hi mate welcome to the forum get yourself on all the free listing on the Internet i.e Thompson local, Yell etc , set yourself up a facebook business page and a Twitter page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. TolishAPurd

I don't know what your financial situation is, but have you thought of going trad first until you build up a bit of a customer base? There are so many people that buy all the (very expensive) gear and then give it up after a little while as they are not making any money to pay for it. Even if you do go down the wfp route 6 months later, the ladder won't be completely redundant, and you'll have some trad skills to boot. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum mate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. cheapncheerful

hi and welcome to the forum grant mc I ditto tolish be very careful its easy to buy loads of kit but not so easy to get the work...not to put you off but have a look on ebay and there are plenty trying to sell full vans of kit and ask yourself why..?
    I want a lot of kit and ....when the job comes I will just go and buy it then....
    good luck and keep us informed of your progress...

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Thommy

Thommy Newcomer

I've always wanted to give the window cleaning a go too, currently in full time hgv employment, would love to work for my self, and imagine the job satisfaction to be very rewarding. I have a small van, just need to get started. Any help would be most appreciated. Any advise on the backpacks I've seen on line.??????

Advertisement