Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dead ivy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

how would you go about getting this off a wall?View attachment 3509 . this foto is similar to the wall iv been asked to price only mines a lot higher . dont think iv to pick of every millimetre of it , but certainly every inch

If its been on a while then its a PITA. The best time to pick ivy is when its fresh/alive as it comes off in nice big chunks. The method I usually use is patience and grippy gloves (protect your hand from scraping the wall and give you a good grip).

Tool wise I use one of these as it has a nice stiff blade, its called a 'painters 5 in 1 tool':

d5e9b4e7-bc0d-4c10-a47d-98ac19d91ccf_400.jpg

Mind you don't damage the brickwork/render/paint/whatever with it though. And quote high.:thumbsup:

could it be done with that scraper on a pole or not,in your opinion tolish? for sure its old dry ivy . in my foto how long would that take you to get rid

It'll be brittle so it will probably come off in tiny pieces, but this is not always the case. I wouldn't use a pole exclusively, tbh the scraper is the last resort reserved just for the bits that give you the hardest time. The majority of it wants just pulling off. I've never tryed a pressure washer on it but if you have one, even a cheap one, it may be worth taking along. For whats in that pic, if I wanted the job I reckon I could get it for 150 and be home nice and early, but if you can get away with it by using that silver tongue of yours then you may get lucky and get it for 2/250. Take those prices with a pinch of salt though, as I can't be totally sure so with jobs like that I just book a whole day and aim to try and finish early, but if its a late one then I'm still getting a nice days wage. If its on your route mate, it may be worth getting the ladder off and working on a square foot of the stuff to see how it is as it can vary a lot depending on what it was- some types come off easier then others.

Back